Please share your thoughts with me on this one....

If you heard that a significant ex (recent or past) was terminally ill and that they wanted to see you for just one more time...

would you get in touch with them?

How would you feel about it?

why do you think they wanted to see you?

Would you go to the funeral of an ex?

Everyone moves on after a relationship but this is a question I have often wondered...

I guess some will say it depends on the nature the relationship ended but I am interested to learn your opinions and feelings on this subject as I am trying to write an article.

I dont want it to sound morbid as its not meant that way but I am hoping to get opinions on how you would DEAL with this if it happened to you?

Thank you

Love Liza

Please share your thoughts with me on this one....

If you heard that a significant ex (recent or past) was terminally ill and that they wanted to see you for just one more time...

would you get in touch with them?

Well, I would deffinately get in touch with them. unless they abused or harassed you, and they want to see you before they die, then think about it, would you want someone to stand you up before you die?

How would you feel about it?

why do you think they wanted to see you?

Would you go to the funeral of an ex?

in general all these answers are yes. would you want someone to refuse you i mean really, this is the most important time of their life... the last part. i would feel great about helping them out and would go to their funeral in a flash. just because they are your ex doesnt mean you have to wish them to hell.

I'd probably get in touch with them. My best friend had a child at 21 (11 years ago) and the father dropped her like a hot rock and treated her very poorly, signed away his rights to their son. 3 years ago it came to her that he was dying of terminal cancer and wanted to see pictures of their son. He did, and she went to the funeral. She was hurt and angry by what he did when they were together (leaving her when she got pregnant) but she needed the closure and she wanted to say goodbye.

If you feel like you can handle seeing him like that and want to say goodbye, than go ahead. If he hurt you in the past he may want to apologize and make peace with you before he meets his maker.

It's up to you Hon, but I think I would go, even if it were my ex who abused me for so long.

He's dying, he's not a threat to you in any way.

Go for it. The worst thing is if I coulda,woulda shoulda if the worse comes to past. Because even though I was at a really good place with our relationship when my mom passed, it would of been nice to see her still that one last time.

And all people terminal need that permission to pass, be it good or bad. and whether it ended good or bad. The ill person is much worse off than you are. Because really whats worse than being in pain, knowing your going to go and losing a part of you everyday. They are in there own living hell especially if they are in excrutiating pain.

Plus you will feel a lot better in the end and most likely receive the ultimate closure.