some people are bicurious or whatever. i guess im straight curious. im pretty sure im bisexual, however im so bisexual that i am almost a lesbian. okayokay. here's a diagram just to make life easier.

|-------------------------------------------------|

straight.......................bi........................gay

i'm about riiiiiiiiiiiight....

|-------------------------------------------------|

there.

that's pretty gay i think.

but i still like this guy.

but i think i'd rather be with a girl. much rather. in fact. i know id rather be with a girl.

however.

there are no gay girls.

anywhere.

not near me anyway. i don't know what to do. i'm starting to like my friends just because i know that they love me. Not like that though.

ugh.

and then there's the sexual frustration. if someone attractive accidently touches me, i have electricity shooting through my body.

sometimes life is awful!

Tell me about it. I'm going through everything you are! One of my friends is feeling very creepy at times around me. I can't help being very loving towards her I'm doing my best to control the feelings and urges.

I've seen a Psycho Sexual Counsellor today for the first time to try and sort out who and what I am.

I've been married for 13 years.

If you want to talk PM me. I'm also on MSN.

I'm a lesbian and I know what you mean. In this town there's basically no lesbians and I have also started to crush on my friends. Their all very loving and touchy-feely, and today I actually fantasized about 2 of them in particular because they were sitting on each others knees and the girl being sat on had her hands so close to her....... it just made my mouth water.

I know how you feel. If you want to talk, PM me or you can chat to me on msn.

Sometimes life can be awful, but just think how good it will be when you finally find a nice woman to be with

Sappho...

you cant get everything you want out of another girl

And guys can get everything they need from a girl? It's not about what gender. You can get whatever you need out of any gender. I just prefer guys, others don't.

People it's not Important what label you have as long as you are happy with what you are, what you feel.

oh goodness! i hate labels, i just found it an intriguing... phrase per say. sorry. by the way. annie24, uhm i know what the words mean. I just like girls a LOT more than guys, and yet some very rare guys I tend to like aswell, bisexual is usually thought of as 50/50... I'm more... 85/15 more towards girls... lol...

and sapphos. same as how i feel. i hate it. hate it. hate it... and i go to a catholic school. lol. i especially hate it when two of my friends make out (both female) when they are just goofing off (weird friends i know

I thought I was doing so well keeping my sexual urges locked away in my head for all these years. Unfortunately, I was given a false sense of security.

Since they popped into my head during 1999 I've been on an emotional rollercoaster.

The older I get the more I'm attracted to women.

ugh. and then there's the sexual frustration. if someone attractive accidently touches me, i have electricity shooting through my body.

This is the section that really stuck out for me as a main idea. I on occasion have this horrible and sudden lonely lust after something feeling and what I'd normally ignore, can't be. Its rare but does happen and the way you phrased that made me picture my own situation at times here and there.

but i think i'd rather be with a girl. much rather. in fact. i know id rather be with a girl. however. there are no gay girls. anywhere.

Here there are a small handful of out gay/lesbian individuals. Lot of gay, little lesbian. I think though, there are more, its just such a conservative environment (majority anyhow) so people aren't comfortable. This I suppose is where we need to really analyze the serious verbal and body language (as well as other non-verbal aspects).

Though one cruel twist of fate is, I tend to befriend (click with gay men best, friend wise) a guy whom everyone swears is straight but eventually he'll come out. Yet I can't find a single other closeted lesbian for the life of me, or at least none of them will admit to being a lesbian at this point. All the out lesbians are in long term relationships and they don't fit my standards anyhow. Its odd. If I could find lesbians like I do gay men, life would be simpler (or so I'd like to think so)

And taking a quote from another poster's reply for a similar thought

I'm a lesbian and I know what you mean. In this town there's basically no lesbians and I have also started to crush on my friends. Their all very loving and touchy-feely, and today I actually fantasized about 2 of them in particular because they were sitting on each others knees and the girl being sat on had her hands so close to her....... it just made my mouth water.

I'll nod to this one. Have a tendency to think about friends but those I know right now, for all I can tell are straight and strictly touchy feely people and if they do the slightest lesbian-ish thing, they're just fooling around. Though, right now, it is a good friend of mine which I am interested in and have been since my realization of being a lesbian, though its slim to none chance (lacking a positive outlook right about now). Yet in her case, it isn't so much for a lack of out lesbians (but that is a factor in a way), but instead true attraction both for the, I guess, mental and physical aspects.

As like others have offered, I'm open to talk and usually am around daily unless I encounter technical difficulties (or educational loads which deprive me of my daily dose of internet), don't know if I'm much help to the situation but always available to listen via PM.

hey HoldMeTightly!! i'm the exact same way -- thanks for clarifying this "straight curious" phenom lol.

i have the same problem - i like a guy once in a while, and its so much more "acceptable"... but i never even get attracted to him to the extremely emotional degree i do with girls. so is it worth it to just have a BS boyfriend?? i can't answer that. at the current time, i'm holding out for a certain girl.

i'd also suggest honing a "gay-dar", or basically just following your feelings to observe little clues about the way a girl interacts with other girls, her relationships, etc. through simply sharing a few conversations with the girl i'm currently holding out for, i suspected she wasn't straight and a few months later, she has finally come out to herself (and me).