read poetry...

Hi, is there are specific time that you should refrain from reading a guy a very charged poem? I sent e.e cummings to this guy over AIM and he immediately had to leave. Does that mean that it scared him? What do men think if women show them their feelings through poetry? I mean, if they aren't their girlfriends or anything?

I guess it depends on what the guy is like. Did you meet him in a poetry forum? Is he a good friend of yours that you thought would like poetry?

I'll say - in general, most guys won't go for poems sent over IM. (I'm not a big fan of revealing deep emotions over IM anyways ). Or, in general, most guys won't be into poems. I don't think that's the best way to seduce a guy. I think you're better off wearing a cute outfit and having long shiny hair.

I'm not sure that there really is a good time to IM poetry, unless you really really really are sure that this guy is the poetry type.

good luck

PS - Yes! You probably scared the guy off....

I am pretty dumb about that kind of stuff...usually end up scaring guys. What do you think scared him? But, yeah he was a good friend that I figured would like poetry, although he doesn't read much of it. He is really poetic. I probably should stop with the whole AIM emotional thing, lots of bad things have happened over Aim...Short skirt and long shiny hair? lol, i guess...

I am pretty dumb about that kind of stuff...usually end up scaring guys. What do you think scared him? But, yeah he was a good friend that I figured would like poetry, although he doesn't read much of it. He is really poetic. I probably should stop with the whole AIM emotional thing, lots of bad things have happened over Aim...Short skirt and long shiny hair? lol, i guess...

Well, if spilling your guts over AIM hasn't been working, you should try something else! You may want to hold off any deep conversations unless they initiate it.

That's the good thing about eNotalone. Better to come here an philosophize than scaring off potential love interests over AIM.