Finally I got the guts to smile at him, but...

purple_girl

Finally I got the guts to smile at him, but now I feel sooooooo stupid of myself.

As I said in my last post link removed

I have a crush on this guy for more than a year. We had two classes together in last school year, but I was just too shy to approach him. Now school starts again, thank god we still have two classes together (again... large classes with about 200 people in there), so I got the chance to see him again~. i know i should give him a sign to let him at least notice me, so I smiled at him today, but,,, now i really wanna cry here's what happened.

Today, he came to the class quite late, and after he sat down, he looked back, and we got an eye contact After I went back from the washroom during the break, he moved to the front right of the class for whatever reason (maybe his first seat was too crowded, btw the classroom was really full, or he couldn't read the prof's notes, anyway...) i sat on the back left. It actually made it easier for me to look at him During the second hour of the lecture, he looked back to my direction many times (and that's why I got the guts later...) and we had some eye contacts...again After the class , i went to the front and was talking to a friend. when he was walking to my direction, we had eyecontact again. (because i was really close to the door, he had to walk past me to leave.) I smiled at him, and he smiled back and my brain just went blank... On my way home, I was just too excited because I thought it could be a sign that he's interested in me, or at least has noticed me. but after i told my friend what just happened, she said maybe he was just trying to be polite. suddenly i felt i was just so stupid, and acting like a fool to be that happy just because of one smile (back) from him tho i felt there's more than just a friendly smile because of the way he looked at me when he was smiling, plus all those eyecontacts, lookbacks, but i know when people feel special about someone, they always add their own imaginations into what that person does... so now i'm really unsure about... everything...

I don't have any class tomorrow, so next time i can see him will be next Monday. i really wanna see him, but when i see him,,, i'm just*^&(%$&&

really don't know what to do

i know this is long,,, thx for reading

I agree with DN

Say "Hi" Ask him "How's his day or how's it going?" That could initiate conversation. I tried that with my crush and he smiled at me and replied. The next time I saw him, he asked me with a smile "how's it going." If he ignores you or is too stupid to respond, then forget about him.

You can try talking to him after class. You would have more time to talk after class instead of trying to talk to him before class starts.

purple_girl, like everyone says it sounds like he's interested. lol I can't help looking at a girl repeatedly if I'm interested. Don't let your friend dampen your hopes, let things pan out on their own. For some reason, friends tend to be the people least likely to be excited for you lol..I wish you the best and I would certainly say you're onto something

It really does sound like he's not just being polite.

In a class with so many people. I don't think he'd have strong enough muscles in his cheeks to be able to smile at everyone with a smile on their faces.

It's been a year, do something about it. Or possibly lose your chance.

Make it your target! The next time you see him - You Must say something to him. Anything!

DN's suggestion is good.

Good Luck!

lol i could probably read your story by just the smiley faces, but yes he is very interested, the look-backs are the biggest sign. Are you the professor? No? then what other reason is there to be looking at you

haha, what a cute response! But it's def true! I also agree with DN's suggestions. Or if you're feeling extra shy when you see him next, just smile and say hi. See what happens!