About what's normal for breasts...

RayKay

just be aware that a C-section does not take away the need for doctor care/hospitalization and complications and risks to you and the child.

Of course. Having a c-section actually adds to the time you need to spend in the hospital and increases the time needed to recover. There are major risks involved, just like vaginal delivery. C-sections are not to be taken lightly and certainly isn't a quick fix. I guess the major difference for me is where the damage is done. I could take it on my abdomen. I couldn't take it anywhere else. I'd be a stressed out wreck for 9 months thinking of such a massacre on my private parts....basically.

Personally, I'm just totally neutrotic when it comes to childbirth- and I always have been. I don't like the loss of control, the loss of dignity laying there like that. But that's just me. I think my dread has come from years of seeing my family have tough labors- because we tend to have 9 pound babies, though the women in my family are petite. I was there when my brother was born- and witnessed my mother alomst die. My bother was removed with forceps. It was very traumatic- I was 9 at the time. During his delivery -my mother seemed to reach a point where she lost control of her body and was howling in pain. At that point I had to leave the room with my granmother and I could hear it in the hallway.

I just want to avoid that experience at all costs. A c-section doesn't take away the risks, it just places them somewhere else, yet those risks are something I can deal with, unlike vaginal delivery.

The risk of your labia stretching is quite small (and honestly, there is nothing wrong with it if it does)

Honestly- I've asked my mother and my friends who have had babies the natural way....some pretty specific questions...the stuff most people won't ask....They said it took about a year or so before their vagina went back to normal...and it never went completely back. If I got stretched as severly as in those photos...I think I'd be disgusted with my body and never want to have sex again. I would definitly think something was wrong with it. I'd feel horribly unattractive physically. But that's just me.

As I said earlier, I'm neurotic about this. Everyone has their crazy element- and this is mine. I even wanted to adopt to avoid it- but since my hubby wants a child of our own- I'm willing to have one-as long as I can be promised an elective c-section. Luckily my doc is awesome enough to let me do ti that way- so I can actually enjoy the experience of being pregnant when the time comes, instead of being a basketcase

BellaDonna

Honestly, it just really bothers me that some of the comments on this thread are talking of how "horrible" it is to have inner labia like that, when fact is this site should be for many to feel more COMFORTABLE with their bodies, and there are comments talking of how "horrible" that is - which does exactly the opposite. We are ALL different, and should take pride in what we DO have.

Vaginas come in all shapes and sizes - whether you were "born" or matured like that, or whether it came from giving birth to your child, there is no shame in having a vagina that looks different from what you think is the "norm" - because the truth is there is no norm, and no standard for what men, or other women, like. After childbirth - well the vagina is a muscle, and over time it will regain it self - with kegels it can go right back to its former "tightness" - though of course with age, and without kegels for example, their will often be a loss at least to a small degree as hormones change.

I have NEVER EVER had a man say anything but how he thought that area of me was VERY attractive and "pretty" - with no regards to how big or small my inner labia, outer labia or any other part was. And personally, if my labia were to get "stretched" out more after having a baby, the fact that that child was healthy, and given a life would more than offset those concerns for me.

As for the labour thing - yes it is ENTIRELY your choice, and I think you should have that choice. Is labour traumatic? Yes and no...it is certainly painful, however are bodies are designed for it "in theory" - some women have terrible labours, some have quick easy ones...I have seen births too (even considered being a midwife for a time) and I must say, I think it is absolutely amazing - and the women I saw give birth (even those with tough labours (my mother herself was also in labour with me for 72 hours with many complications though obviously I had a different vantage point then!) appeared to be nothing but strong and dignified in my opinion. Personally, I would prefer to avoid a C-section as much as possible..I am all for the drugs, but I would rather not have cut tummy muscles, and rather risk some tearing (which heals reasonably well, more so if they DON'T cut!) and stretching (which can be regained) then cut muscles and have that kind of recovery (ie no lifting, no exercising). Of course, if the baby's health is in jeopardy I would not even think about it. It is your right to choose, just I wish labour was not thought of as so "horrible" and undignified - for some it is absolutely beautiful. And IMO if a man loves you, he could care less if it takes you time to regain your vaginal muscle strength, or if your labia stretch!

For a 9-year old though, I can imagine that it would be rather terrifying to see!

I wasn't aware that most women (from the provided link) have inner labia that extend out further than their outer ones. I've definitely heard that it is usually the case, but have never seen first-hand. Wouldn't that be cause for more frequent infections and discomfort?

Yes it is often the case - though not as extreme as many of the links provided. Some women have inner labia that extend only slightly, or in certain areas/sections (ie near clitoris, not elsewhere), while some extend the entire length.

As for increased infections etc, it should not Ocean Eyes. As long as you are hygienic - which should be the case whether they extend further or not - thre is no difference in infection or discomfort. Either way its an area that has the natural bacteria to prevent infections, and can be compromised with a lack of hygiene or care.

I think in cases where they are very large and extended, then yes indeed the discomfort would be an issue (ie chafing) - especially with running, cycling etc - not just physically but perhaps in terms of confidence as well, and I could see wanting surgery to correct that in such issues.

It is your right to choose, just I wish labour was not thought of as so "horrible" and undignified - for some it is absolutely beautiful. And IMO if a man loves you, he could care less if it takes you time to regain your vaginal muscle strength, or if your labia stretch

I agree. I realize my phobia about birth and my body is in my own head- I do not think other women should live by it at all. In fact my husband doesn't think the same way I do either. The part about stretching is my fear, not his. He wouldn't care what I looked like. My preferences are not based on worrying what a man thinks (they never are)- they are based on what I would want for my own body.

Every woman is different. To each her own. I just think it's important that a choice of c-section be avialable for chickens like me.

BellaDonna

BellaDonna

• 8 months later...

Yeah as a girl growing up I had developed breasts in grade 5-6 when girls were still in their training bras I was wearing a B-C...and it was awkward at times. This guy came up to me and was like "do you wear a bra?". I Donno people are dumb and are rude...kids ugh