Yellow Shirt that Attracts Girls

Okay, a couple of weeks ago I bought this bright yellow "hawaiian" shirt, and every time I wear it, it seems that girls are looking at me. More than ever before (but only when I wear this shirt) girls look at me, and when I look back at them, they sort of turn thier head back. Some look at me, and then adjust or flip thier hair.

This shirt seems to have some sort of girl attraction power in it. Just today a girl in my class told me that she really liked it. Another girl a couple of weeks ago also told me that she really liked this shirt. The best thing is that this shirt only cost $12....

But I have a question...really, is a shirt that attractive? I don't know a girl's mind, so I want to know from the girls here why a bright yellow shirt would be so attractive to girls. Why??? I like my shirt, but when I bought it, I had no idea that so many girls would like it....do any girls here know why????? Are any of your particularly attracted to bright yellow shirts?

PS: I also bought the same shirt but in a blue color..the blue one does not seem to have the same affect...just the yellow one.

Perhaps the SHIRT appeals to women, not you.

But then again, one glance doesn't say a lot. It could have just caught them off guard. It could anything, really.

What is your skin tone? Certain colors look good on certain skin tones. For me, brown or black is an attractive color to girls it seems, because it compliments my skin tone.

Maybe it's just the style and the color. Personally, I dig guys who are into the preppy look- plaided shirts, especially yellow! It's way too cute. Yellow plaided shirt (or Hawaiian printed), khaki pants, with brown sketchers! Heck yeah.

It's all psychological, I guess. Yellow conveys cheerinesss and happiness. That's probably why women responded to you the way they did. Blue seems to have a wider gamut of emotions. It'a bit more: subdued, calm, sometimes depressing/dreary/serious/corporate (dark slate blue), or innocent (baby blue). Of course, the effects of mood and color are all subjective!

try red next time. Bright yellow is difficult to miss yeah, red, even more difficult.

Just the other day a girl was wearing a black shirt that revealed quite a bit of chest area and under that she wore red so that the red cloth just flickered out in the chest area. Needless to say, everyone was staring at her chest, because hardest contrast and strongest colors met there. It was natural to look there (because of the colors lol!).

It's all about color theory, I suggest you read it some day.

Yep, I definitely notice any guy, friend or stranger, who is wearing a yellow shirt. And if I think it's appropriate I will also smile brightly and compliment him about it. And when he leaves I will watch him until he's out of sight. Yum.

Not really sure... but probably has something to do with what the other posters said about standing out in a crowd, and also women being attracted to the color for psychological reasons.

This has also happened to a couple of my guy friends. They randomly bought a shirt, and then were surprised when they got so much attention from the women. After that they stopped complaining when a woman wanted to give them advice about how to dress because they knew other women would probably like the same things. And they were having great fun with all the extra female attention.

So you bought the shirt because you liked it, but it doesn't sound like a shirt/color that is typically chosen by most guys. I think one thing it indicates is that you're a freethinker, and that you don't run with the crowd. That might also be part of the attraction for some women, because that's how I regard a man wearing a yellow shirt.

I don't think red would have the same effect on me. There's just something about the yellow.

But another color that gets a response from me is pink. I'm not sure about what other women would say though. And I know that sounds weird, a guy in a pink shirt, but it always makes me smile while I look twice and thrice.

• 2 weeks later...
Just the other day a girl was wearing a black shirt that revealed quite a bit of chest area and under that she wore red so that the red cloth just flickered out in the chest area. Needless to say, everyone was staring at her chest, because hardest contrast and strongest colors met there. It was natural to look there (because of the colors lol!).

It's all about color theory, I suggest you read it some day.

lol . . . ya right , they were stairing at her chest , not the shirt .

Anyways , i can tell you that the colour yellow required the least amount of space to be seen . So for example , If you had a 1 x 1 red and yellow piece of cloth , the yellow cloth would get noticed first more often . Ofcourse it also depends what color that yellow cloth is infront off .

I don't like seeing men in pink shirts...

Why would you care what color shirts men are wearing? Besides, it takes a real man to wear pink. 8)

Perhaps this has nothing to do with a shirt and is all in your head? Maybe you noticed someone looking at you one day when you wore the shirt and the next time you wore it you made more of an effort to notice if anyone was looking at you? You have attributed the attention to the shirt when really it is all you. For some reason you have decided to make the shirt into a good luck charm.

Or maybe the shirt is just ugly and people can't help but stare at it. (just kidding, don't mean to insult someone's wardrobe)

Anyways , i can tell you that the colour yellow required the least amount of space to be seen . So for example , If you had a 1 x 1 red and yellow piece of cloth , the yellow cloth would get noticed first more often . Ofcourse it also depends what color that yellow cloth is infront off .

yellow + black = stronger than red + black, because bright yellow has lighter value than red. However, red + white > yellow + white and so on. Yellow needs something dark around it to really pop out. Red's safer choice because it pops out anywhere. Also red is good for masculine men, it's associated with strength (boxers in red, for example, usually win because subconsciously blue guy gives him upper hand. Statistics say that 3 out of 4 times the red guy wins.)

The reason why your getting so much attention from girls is that yellow is apealing to them. Yellow is usually a bright color which indicates happyness and well being.

When I wear my casual blue shirt I get a lot of looks (no complements tho ) becuase its a light color and that blue seems to be my color.

yellow + black = stronger than red + black, because bright yellow has lighter value than red. However, red + white > yellow + white and so on. Yellow needs something dark around it to really pop out. Red's safer choice because it pops out anywhere. Also red is good for masculine men, it's associated with strength (boxers in red, for example, usually win because subconsciously blue guy gives him upper hand. Statistics say that 3 out of 4 times the red guy wins.)

i hear ya . . . I usually go for the black shirt under and the yellow shirt on top . Looks VERY nice !

I tried the pink shirt a few times and got nothing but compliments . . .

hmm . . . now i feel like shopping for some more clothes .