OK my Ex and I became friends after our break up ( we dated for 3 and a half months). We broke up becasue we would be busy with school/school work and work that he thought he wouldnt have time for a relationship and i thougth that yea thats true becasue I work too and we wouldnt hang out much. Well in school he asked me to hang out with him. We hung out and we started kissing(he kissed me first) and stuff(at his house) and he told me that he missed me, and I missed him too. Well we decided to get back together(after a week and a half being broken up) and he said "I realized I made a mistake to dump you", then everything was fine we were acting normal as we were together saying "I love you" and kissing. Then I see him on Tuesday in school (monday was a vaca. day) and he is ignoring me, at this point I thought we were still together. He continues to be kinda friendly but still ignore me. I wrote him a couple notes in class and he doesnt read them right away. Then after class ended I walked with him (we were both going the same way) and he wasnt even walking with me and I asked "Are we still together" and he said "I dont know, just go to class". Then a half hour later I see him i the hall and i ask "Whats going on are we together" and he said "I dont know what I want right now" and then I said "well I want to know I dont wanna be hanging(I said it friendly) and he said that I made it seem like that we wanted to get back together and it was both our ideas, and I told him that. The he said " I dont know what I want right now" and I said "Then whats going on" and he said "Were friends now ok, go back to class". Then after he wasnt talking to me much, but in our last class he was talking to be being normal. But today he hasnt talked to me at all! Whats going on?

Are you both in college, or high school...?

He might not want people to know you're together and wants to keep his "options open."

That is what I remember from some couples I knew back in High School. It can be different for everyone, but particularly in High School, he'll have more time than ever for a relationship. You'd still see eachother in school, especially, so the only thing that comes to mind is him wanting to be single in high school and whatnot.

I don't know what happened to make this guy change his mind about being together with you - maybe he's just wishy-washy. At any rate, I applaud you for flat out asking him, what is going on?, rather than letting him just do a 180 degree behavior change.

That being said, he refuses to give you a direct answer, so in a way, you have your answer. While he chooses to behave in such an immature (and rather cowardly way), he is not worth your time to pursue any further.

I suggest you have nothing else to do with him, and if crawls back again, tell him no way. He had a chance and he blew it.

People need to learn there are consequences to treating other people like crap, and if you put up with this from him again - he's never gonna learn, and will likely do the same thing to you again. So, with your head held up high, walk away and don't have anything else to do with his childish and cowardly behavior.