In case people out there may be wondering where I've been lately....

I've applied for housing assistance. Something I never thought I'd do in my life, but I guess it's necessary at this time. Maybe I'll luck out and won't end up needing it. I have a job interview this Saturday. I've also started to eat healthier and overall am happier and feeling more peaceful, which really helps me focus on what I need to do. I'm still in therapy, and am applying for financial aid so I can return to college in the Spring (nights/weekends). I plan to meet with a career counselor once I get my car back from the body shop to make sure I have a clear direction.

My son is officially moving to his dad's in about a week. School starts on the 22nd. That is still hard for me. I've basically been grieving. Even though I know this is going to be good for him, it's still the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

So I'm making progress, not as quickly as I had hoped to but things seem to be coming together. Prayers and positive thoughts are appreciated. I can use all the help I can get.

Hey Jetta!

Sounds like you are really working on a positive future, girl. Don't be ashamed for needing the assistance. When I was very little, my mom got sick. My sister was just a tiny baby, and dad had his own business to run. We have had assistance for a while, it's normal under circumstances!

How is your daughter and her speech? Is she improving?

Ilse.