wow, that's weird.

a child worrying about his/her parent's actions? I'm sorry but i think your parents should be matured enough to know that puking is the consequence for drinking too much. I learned that lesson when I was 15.... I'm surprised they haven't learned theirs.

my mom doesnt get out much.... actually like once a month. shes too into her video games (sims 2) so yeah. im stuck here listening to her puking, moaning, turning the water on and off. she fell up the stairs pretty hard coming in the door. i had work so i came home to an empty house and then they come home like this.......

yeah lemme tell ya. mom doesnt want me to have a life cuz she thinks ill screw it up.......... its not like shes helping me any. i clean the house. i have 3 jobs, a serious bf (sorta fiance). and im doing a bunch of stuff for school. so yeah. she calls me immature.... at least i dont stay home and play on the computer then go out and get drunk....... w/e

moms hopefully going outta town tomorrow with the friend she went out with tonight. if she doesnt go, im going to stay with my bf or my grandma. i understand parents make mistakes. but this is so stupid. she never goes anywhere and now that she went out for the first time in month, shes stuck puking in a toilet. im not scared. or anything, i just wanna know what to do with her. she got up to go to bed, but shes back to the toilet.

There is nothing you can do, unfortunately. Once she is done puking, she is just going to want to go to sleep -- maybe even right in the bathroom. She definitely isn't going to want you to see her like this. I am probably your mom's age, and this happened to me one time before -- and it is the last time I ever drank about. It was about 10 years ago and I never want to feel like that ever again. Your mom just went past her limit and she's paying for it now. She may wake up feeling okay tomorrow and go away like she is supposed to. If you need a little time away from her if she doesn't go away, spend some time with your friends. I know it's really really hard to watch your parents act stupid -- they are supposed to be the ones who are there for you when you are stupid.

My parents still go out every Sunday night for dancing and drinks. One time my dad went in to the restroom and when he came out he was naked. He was "stupid" drunk.

I hope you feel better. Just let them be.... she will probably limit her liquor better next time.

Gotta let her puke it out. Then after get her some tylonal and a cloth for her head. Tomm keep noise levels low, and such. Sucks to deal with, but hopefully not be so grumpy when she does wake up then.

About the falling, just make sure she doesn't hurt herself.

I guess everyone makes mistakes. Be a little patient and understanding - maybe you will find yourself in a similar position one day.

She/they will likely have a hangover and major headache so try to get the cat to stop stamping about.

Well done on showing your mother that you really are not immature - one day she will realise it - but not this morning!!

so they went out and had a little too much fun? so what!? does this happen all the time? if so then ok, thats something that needs to be checked, but if this is a once off then so be it. They're human, they need to have fun, unwind..let loose. I had two glasses of wine a few weeks ago at some dinner party, my wife told me I better not even think about asking for beer, so I took the wine. Two glasses. The next day I had a hang over equal to 30 beers, 20 shots of jäger and some drinks. sometimes you just cant control how your body acts, esp if you not used to drinking.

dad came home drunk one night about 3 months ago. he drove home by himself, and then swore hed never do it again..... he stopped drinking for about 2 weeks....... yeah.

Wait. I seem to have read your post differently than other posters, so let me see if I've got this straight. Dad came home drunk 3 months ago, then quit drinking for a short time. Sounds like he's been drinking a lot since then, until the other night when he came home bombed and went to bed. Has he been drinking a lot? Or regularly? And does he get drunk every time he drinks?

And all your mother does is play video games (until the other night when she got drunk along with dad)?

*Sigh* To answer your original question: If this is a one-time occurrence, then it's over by now and everyone's ok (I hope).

If this is likely to happen again, then here's the deal: Once the drunk is inside the house and puking, the greatest dangers are (1) them choking on their own puke, and (2) alcohol poisoning. I'm not even going to go into the drinking and driving thing, or falling and hurting themselves, for obvious reasons.

If the drunk person is awake, then they can puke on their own and they'll probably be fine. Just check on them occasionally to make sure they're not passed out. If they stumble straight to bed or the couch is when you have to do something, because then they'll probably pass out.

To keep someone who is (or will be) passed out from choking on puke, lay them down on their side and use pillows or something to prop them that way. You don't want them to roll on their back, or the puke will go back into their mouths and choke them. You also don't want them face down in their pillow, or they'll smother. Just keep them on their side and let 'em puke. The catch bucket is optional. Hopefully, the experience of waking up covered in muck will make them think twice next time.

Alcohol poisoning you've probably heard of -- too much alcohol in the body. This is where people pass out and just die in their sleep. This seems to happen every few years or so on some college campus in the U.S. Unfortunately, I don't know how to distinguish alcohol poisoning from your average passed out drunk until after they stop breathing. See if you can find out before they pass out how many drinks they've had and in what amount of time. If it seems excessive, or something about them just seems *wrong*, then call 911. If it's alcohol poisoning, you'll save their lives. If they're just extremely drunk, you'll humiliate them and perhaps they'll think twice next time. You're young enough (I'm sorry) to plead ignorance: "But mom, I didn't know you weren't going to die, I've never seen anyone that drunk before -- not even dad."

And just FYI: One drink = 1 (12 oz) can/bottle of beer = 1 (4 oz) glass of wine = 1 shot of hard liquor (doesn't matter what it's mixed with). It takes about an hour for an "average sized" (I believe that's about 150 pounds) adult to work one drink out of their system; smaller people take longer.

So you can do the math. If your parent has had 1 or 2 glasses of wine in the past couple of hours, they're probably fine (of course, in that case, they won't come home puking). If they've averaged 3 or 4 drinks an hour and they've been gone a few hours, then you want to keep an eye on them.

Sorry, the reason for the long post and all the questions is that I sense an alcohol problem here. I hope I'm overreacting. I hope you never need this information. Good luck and let us know how things turned out.