Tattoos - Attractive or a put off?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tattoos are very expensive. The artist will only accept cash! I recommend you take at least £100 with you.

I'm a woman and I have 5 tattoos!

In 1999 I had a small tiger's head done (left shoulder) it cost £39, last year I priced it again it was £60!

In 2000 I had Pegasus the flying horse (right shoulder).

In 2003 a tiger crawling (right thigh- some people have the black panther) was £69, last year cost £110! I also had a dolphin (bottom).

The one I had done last year (upper arm) was quoted at £250! I didn't have that much money on me so they only did the outline £125 and I was supposed to go back to have the colour inked. However, I decided I like my tiger the way it is!

Some of you may think my tattoos are expensive, however, I prefer to go to the same shop. Their work is great and I trust them 100%! I've seen the artwork from 2 other shops and the quality isn't as good! Also, both of these shops said they had corrected work done by the other one! Not a very good record is it!

When I had my first one done (I only said I was thinking about it) my husband wasn't very pleased! He hasn't got any. He doesn't like them! However, he helped me to choose the one on my leg.

Don't rush into getting tattoos done! They're with you for life! Take time and look at designs, e.g. magazines, on walls in tattoo shops, other peoples tattoos, etc.

Once you've decided on the design check out the tattoo shops. DON'T have it done in the first shop you come to! Ask around, see if the artists are any good. If someone's tattoos been finished ask to see it before it's covered up.

**** Tattoos do hurt! Pain tolerance is different for everyone! *****

**** Tattoos do hurt! Pain tolerance is different for everyone! *****

Yes, they hurt.

My artist when I went to get them enhanced was tremendously impressed with my pain tolerance...he kept asking if I was okay as I was just chatting normally, and I was (I mean it hurts, but there is far worse, and it is part of the process of getting it I think..it should hurt!) and he kept telling me and my boyfriend I am the most patient person he has ever had lol and was impressed with my pain tolerance.

That, and he told me I have had the nicest skin he has ever worked on for tattooing..."like firm tofu"...lol..he kept saying it was so nice to work on. And no he was not hitting on me as my bf was in the room.

My tattooist was impressed with my pain tolerance! He kept asking me if I was ok.

If you ever start to feel 'light headed' (that's what he called it) just tell them and they'll give you a rest. It's the realease of endorphins in the brain. It's a normal pain reaction! However, some people do 'pass out' when this happens!

When I had my first tattoo inked he told me that an 18 year old boy just before me had passed out. He had to lie on the floor for 30 minutes to recover!

well its really strange and interesting that all my 3 mates said it doesn't hurt at all, on a scale of 1-10, they gave it below 5. one even said 1.

they said its just like having a pin scratched over ur skin constantly.

It depends where it is done. Some parts hurt way more than others depending on how close nerves are to skin. The outlining hurts more than filling, so if you don't have much outline it will hurt less.

I would say it is more like an exacto knife than a pin. Still on a scale of 1-10 I would only put it at a 2 or 3....childbirth, compound fractures and burns all hurt WAY more. All depends what you consider a 10 to be to know how it hurts or not.

After it is done, it feels like a bad sunburn for a few days (well, it will if it is healing right).

The reason why my tattooist was impressed with my pain tolerance is because I have Fibromyalgia Syndrome.

If a normal person nicks their finger with a knife a message is sent to the brain saying they've done it. Then a message is sent back to the injured finger and the pain is soon blocked. With me it's different. The neurotransmitters in the brain don't work properly! I get the message I'm hurt, however, I don't get the pain blocked. My pain is magnified to 10 times the amount!

But as I said previously and 18 year old boy 'passed out'!

• 2 years later...

Not sexy on women, sexy on men- e.g. David Beckham, Prison Break guy, Robbie Williams.

Kinda mainstream now I guess, or the big gawdy ones are, personally I'd get something small, "Aliento de Fuego" on my pec is probably the only thing I'd go for.

Every one of my friends have tattoo's..

I dont have any. I think this is because i flit between the wild & the demure. A tattoo (design of which i still think about like choosing an engagement ring!lol) would suit my wild side but not my lady like side..

So if in doubt do nowt.

I dont mind them on some men. And some men are better without them..

I think our choices and how well we wear them makes them hot or not.

I have several tats, have had body piercings and just got my first brand last weekend. However, I am guilty of my own discriminations, I am suspicious of people who go to malls and doubt I would see my true love if I walked by her in one.

I think our choices and how well we wear them makes them hot or not.

I have several tats, have had body piercings and just got my first brand last weekend. However, I am guilty of my own discriminations, I am suspicious of people who go to malls and doubt I would see my true love if I walked by her in one.

haha I like that!!!

Some are very tasteful. Some are downright horrific..... If the tattoos are done nicely and look like a work of art or are symbolic, then I say hooray.....

However when I see females with tattoos all over them, random names and stupid quotes splattered accross their chest or neck, then it looks really bad...

Same thing with the men......My cousin's husband is a gang member...He has tattoos all over his body including his eyebrows and eyelids. I think the only place left on his body that can be tattooed is the bottom of his feet.

Some are very tasteful. Some are downright horrific..... If the tattoos are done nicely and look like a work of art or are symbolic, then I say hooray.....

However when I see females with tattoos all over them, random names and stupid quotes splattered accross their chest or neck, then it looks really bad...

Same thing with the men......My cousin's husband is a gang member...He has tattoos all over his body including his eyebrows and eyelids. I think the only place left on his body that can be tattooed is the bottom of his feet.

i hang out with some guys like that. not so much eyelids, but the like.

i hate names and sayings as tattoos. if it's a RIP i guess it's okay. but not past bfs and stuff like that. just like that one hot chick from transformers. she has all those sayings tattooed on her. what a waste of a nice body. the words and letters aren't even lined up. on purpose i dunno, but looks really bad.

image removed saying

image removed bf name

image removed nutso

image removed

and dumb again

But don't get me wrong megan fox is fine as heck.

i hang out with some guys like that. not so much eyelids, but the like.

i hate names and sayings as tattoos. if it's a RIP i guess it's okay. but not past bfs and stuff like that. just like that one hot chick from transformers. she has all those sayings tattooed on her. what a waste of a nice body. the words and letters aren't even lined up. on purpose i dunno, but looks really bad.

07_July_Maxim/nerble%20-%20megan%20fox%20maxim%2004.jpg[/img]

and dumb again

seriously she looks like that and has that body and you're looking at her tats?!?!?