Argh! The Ex called me, DRUNK!

Ok, my girlfriend broke up with me about 2 months ago to go back to her ex. She was my first everything. I hurt for the first month, cut contact, haven't talked to her for one month. Tonight, out of the blue, she calls me. She called just to say "hi" but couldn't resist pouring her feelings out. She says she doesn't want me to hate her, she wanted to maintain a friendship, that everything we had together was special. When we broke up, I told her that I felt like she used me. She told me tonight that me telling her that eats her alive, so she had to let me know she still cared about me as a person and loved me, and always will, and that no other guy will compare to me. That is when it started. She started sobbing, asked me if I wanted to meet up, I was like, what about your new guy?? She was at HIS house, drunk, calling me while HE was at work to say hi, and now wanting to see me? I told her I don't care, whatever she wants to do. We ended up not seeing eachother, just talking, actually her just crying, on the phone. She apologized for calling me, I said don't worry about it, I've moved on, we're not meant to be. Then she started crying more, WTF? I thanked her for not calling me for a while, I'm better now, and I can be her friend. She said I can call her anytime, I was like when is the best time, I don't want to disrespect you and him. She said it doesn't matter. Hmmm. I probably won't call her for a while anyway. She said she just wants everything to be ok between us as friends. I said they are. I also pulled the line "if you love someone let them go, if they don't come back they aren't meant to be, if they do they are meant to be." I told her I've let her go, I have no hope for her and I in the future, and that I can be her friend. I just think she is very, very confused and will be for a long time. No direction or goals whatsoever. Not someone I want to be with. As much as I don't want to analyze the call, I have to. What does it all mean? Is she missing something with this new guy?

Thanks,

cobro

damn you and I must be related! my ex called me Monday and the same thing happened. Except I am still in love with her and she begged for a second chance. I said yes and she blew it on Friday. She said she wanted to be single and made a misstake asking for me back. I think she just wanted to play a game and see if I would still go back to her after 4 weeks. Never again. She just lost a person that would have done anything for her. Be careful man, she might just be trying to boost her self esteem. Girls love it when they know they can have something they no longer have. Shes probably just checking to see if you still care. You did the right thing and its great that you are moved on. Just remember to keep your distance and never seem available to her. When she calls you, wait a couple days to call her back. Dont make it seem that youo are wrapped around her finger still or she will take advantage of you.

hey

Well you handled it well i must say. I think she's prob having problems with this guy he's either being an ass to her or he's not doing something right. So now shes coming to you as her fall back to try to get some love.

Like you said just keep it as friends and i think your right. keep me updated !

• 2 weeks later...

Amen,

Girls suck sometimes and games are waaay too much in play sometimes.

Although they will never admit it. You do want her back for the right reasons though and not the wrong ones, make sure she is being true to herself and to you.