Am I too young for her?

Hey Guys/Gals,

Just wondering you think of my current sistuation, any comments most welcome!

I work next to this cafe where I see a girl nearly everyday. We've flirted and joked for the past few weeks and we've gotten to know eachother when we meet on our breaks. I'm still 19 but she looks older... say 23...

Should I bother trying to take it to the next level? I mean I'd be confident to ask her to meet her outside of work but I've no idea how she'd react.

I just don't want her to laugh in my face is all

I'm very interersted to see what other people say about this but I think that's fine. I mean, I've had people suggest I look for a girl 21-22 (I'm 18) because I'd do well with some a little more mature than my ex and the other girls I've dated. If she's used to dating guys older you've got the task of making yourself more mature to her. In the end, age doesn't matter.

The only instance where I can see being a problem is the legal drinking age...I can say this from experience as, when I was 20, I dated somebody who was 23. She was always going out drinking/dancing with her friends and I could never come along because I was underage. Ultimately this caused us to break-up...but this alone shouldn't dissuade you from asking her out. I seriously doubt that she will laugh in your face either. Best of luck.

edit:

I just read that you are from Europe. I'm not sure if my comment applies anymore. Either way, I say ask her out.

• 1 month later...

I say, if you're confident about yourself AND your age, she'll feel more secure. If she laughs at the age difference, laugh with her. It'll lighten it up a bit. Guarenteed inside she feels nervous that you'll think she's too old for you!

I'm 28 and I like a 19 year old...my biggest fear isn't that I think I'm too old for him...but that he'll think I'm too old for him...does that make sense?

Good luck!