proof of income

Aside of your employer actually giving you salary through a bank and not avoiding paying taxes and all? Nothing. 

How does he pays you for benefits? Health insurance? Pension? Are you even receiving that or paying on your own? Are you even "reported" as a worker or does he avoids that too? 

Hi Guy! 

I don’t know where you are, but here in the UK to rent it’s minimum 3 months proof of earnings via a recent bank statement and then a deposit and estate agent fees. 

I would start submitting your cash income into your bank as soon as you get it - then you have a record, every month, the same time, you deposit your cash wages into your bank. This should be proof enough! As long as there is regular evidence of an amount that fits your rent and reasonable living expenses, this should be enough!

I used to work as a letting agent here in the UK! 

x

Also just to note, you will need a 3 month at least minimum record of regular money going into your bank account, whether this is depositing the cash you receive from your employer (as him to send you a receipt or paycheque for this for every payment!)

Also, if you wanted to buy in the future, depending on where you live, I would imagine you will also need at least 3 months up to 3 years worth of bank statement evidence of regular income being deposited into your account! 

All the best! 

(Some professions do still pay in cash or weekly - this is unusual but still happens, and shouldn’t be too much of an issue as long as you have receipt of payment from your employee, and submit the payment into your account).

x

In the US you have to file the 1099 your employer gives you with your tax return. You could provide that. They are due by the end of January so your employer should have already given you your copies. Also print out copies of the forms and receipts when you pay your quarterly taxes. You can also provide a copy of your tax return from last year (2022 tax year). 

If you're not in the US this info will not apply, of course.