How do I study for a test I know nothing for in a short space of time?

Yes yes, I know. But you’ve probably all been there guys.

I have a test tomorrow at 1:30pm. It is now 6:23pm where I am. I need to study three topics, preferably 4 but that’s no longer an option. 

I’ve studied one topic kind of, I wouldn’t be totally clueless if I had to answer it. The other two? Haven’t an idea. 

I’ve been to all these lectures but could never concentrate as I just hate the module ( Economic Law of the European Union). It’s also super dense.

Is there any way I can do kind of okay at this point? I’m confident with all my other modules but this is definitely going to bring my average down. 

Any thoughts?

Realistically, no. I mean it depends on how much fast you pick up stuff. But "law stuff", especially something that has a big density, requires that you put up a time. A time that is probably greater then 19 hours, minus sleep. You can maybe manage to read the module. But to learn it properly for the exam requires extensive reading. Even stuff like memorizing definitions or just slowly balding important paragraphs in book and after that returning to them and reading over and over. In short, it requires preparation. So I would suggest you prepare more for next exam.

Can you postpone this one? Or take it again if you get a bad grade?

6 hours ago, houseofballoons said:

I’ve studied one topic kind of, I wouldn’t be totally clueless if I had to answer it. The other two? 

Join some study groups. That could help you with courses you're not that good at.

You can also look into tutoring and ask your professors about extra help. 

Try to relax before taking tests. Try to get in the zone.  Try not to cram and pace yourself. 

16 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Join some study groups. That could help you with courses you're not that good at.

You can also look into tutoring and ask your professors about extra help. 

Try to relax before taking tests. Try to get in the zone.  Try not to cram and pace yourself. 

15 hours ago, boltnrun said:

If you haven't even read the material yet you are going to really struggle. Can you take an incomplete and retake the class next semester? I did that when I was in college and was having a tough time with a certain class. 

21 hours ago, Kwothe28 said:

Realistically, no. I mean it depends on how much fast you pick up stuff. But "law stuff", especially something that has a big density, requires that you put up a time. A time that is probably greater then 19 hours, minus sleep. You can maybe manage to read the module. But to learn it properly for the exam requires extensive reading. Even stuff like memorizing definitions or just slowly balding important paragraphs in book and after that returning to them and reading over and over. In short, it requires preparation. So I would suggest you prepare more for next exam.

Can you postpone this one? Or take it again if you get a bad grade?

Thanks all, I sat the exam and luckily what I had studied had come up. I’m confident I did okay!

• Like 1