New boss prioritizing clients over other clients

I work in a caregiving role and have gotten a few new clients over the past few weeks.  Two of these clients are "higher needs." I have been trying to take care of all the needs of my clients.  I have had to delay care for several minutes to these two particular clients in order to not neglect the needs of the other three clients.

My new boss is wanting me to prioritize these two over the other three. I know that the people paying for the care of the two clients are a little on the hyper, nervous side(couldn't think of kinder way to put it).  I just can't help but feel that isn't right or fair for the other three.  I tried to bring it up today and I got agreement on it, however, throughout the day my boss came and checked and didn't look happy when I wasn't getting to the two high needs one's.

What would make a boss prioritize like that?  This is partly a vent because it makes me upset it seems they want the others to be delayed care.  I do better when I understand the reasoning behind this even though I might not agree with it.

Any help will be welcomed.

So I would stay out of the "why" - who knows -might be some connection you're unaware of - I would tell boss directly and plainly "the way I've been trained is to prioritize who is in the strongest need of care at the particular time or whether there is scheduled meds etc" (sorry I am not too familiar with what you do in particular.  Play dumb as far as assuming there are nefarious motives.  

I'm sorry you have to deal with this -and I know you mean well!!

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Batya33 said:

So I would stay out of the "why" - who knows -might be some connection you're unaware of - I would tell boss directly and plainly "the way I've been trained is to prioritize who is in the strongest need of care at the particular time or whether there is scheduled meds etc" (sorry I am not too familiar with what you do in particular.  Play dumb as far as assuming there are nefarious motives.  

I'm sorry you have to deal with this -and I know you mean well!!

Thanks for saying to stay out of the why! It's going to be hard because I like things to have reason and make sense. 

Although this might be the catalyst to make the career change I know I need to make.  This could be a blessing.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

I used to work in a nursing home for 6 years . I understand it is hard to balance everyone’s needs. For about 5 years I have had a daycare and have had many high needs children. My own son is high needs . I understand it can be difficult. 

Thanks for saying that.  I don't think a lot of people know what it's like to work in a caregiving role.