I'm feel envious of my baby cousin

On 7/6/2023 at 8:32 PM, caterpillardoo said:

That requires some extreme level of maturity,  which I don't possess yet. But really loved what you did , instead of shaming her like she did.

You don't wait to "possess" maturity nor does it require an "extreme level" -practice reacting in mature ways. That's how you work on personal growth.

Comparing yourself to someone else is self-sabotage. You'll have to change the self-talk going on in your brain. 

You love your cousin, so if something goes well in her life, think, "I'm so happy for her."

As far as your life, it's up to you make it what you want, and to dress and fashion yourself as to your own preferences. Not every man has the same taste in women. You're cute so there will always be guys who prefer your type of look. If you haven't had luck in that area, it's because you lack self-love and have the crappy look of envy on your face.

Practice that self-love with positive self-love, giving yourself a pat on the back for all you're doing to set your life up for a good career. You're busy because you're putting in the work now to receive future benefits of a good salary and a career you can enjoy. If you don't have much leisure time, give yourself little rewards like getting takeout from your favorite restaurant. Take a college textbook with you and study while getting a pedicure. Make some nachos or put cookies in the oven with pre-made dough and have a college friend over to help each other study.

Are you into the nerdy guy because you're crazy about him, or is a nerdy guy the only guy you think will be into you, and you're settling?

I suggest you read some books and articles on healthy self-talk and achieving self-love. Good luck and let us know how it's going.

• Thanks 1