Knowledge on Texting

26 minutes ago, Dean Gladwyn said:

Is not having enough knowledge on how to text ruining your chances in dating?

What do you mean by "how to text"? Do you mean how to use your device to send texts? Or do you think there's some sort of method that will guarantee heaps of women will want to date you? 

Just so you know, any even marginally intelligent woman will know if you're following some script from POA or "guaranteed results!!!111" websites. Women know about those and have seen them too.

Don't try to use texting in place of real interactions. Texting should be a most basic method to make initial contact and to confirm details such as what time you're meeting someone and where. Or to send a quick greeting or nice thought. Not to entice women into wanting to date you.

• Like 1

What knowledge in texting? Unless you are

a) repulsively rude

b) really really bad so you just send "Hi"(btw on "Bumble" when women text first guess what their favorite opening is)

it really doesnt matter what you text at all. If they respond, they will respond and if you can talk to a person in real life you can at least talk over text or in any other way. I had so many good openings that went nowhere and so many "meh" once that went somewhere that I trully believe it just doesnt matter. Its more if they are opened to talk and if you connect. 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Kwothe28 said:

I had so many good openings that went nowhere and so many "meh" once that went somewhere that I truly believe it just doesn't matter. It's more if they are open to talking and if you connect. 

This is what I mean, I came across a video where it gets stipulated that now, more than ever, we need to be 'digitally attractive' through our texts as online dating apps and constant texting is on the rise. If you cannot send a text that shows somewhat of your personality, the other person is going to lose interest. 

But, I guess what's also important here is if the person is already invested/interested so what/how you say it could be irrelevant.

1 hour ago, Dean Gladwyn said:

we need to be 'digitally attractive' through our texts as online dating apps and constant texting is on the rise. 

"Online dating" is actually a misnomer. Online dating apps are a collection of profiles of single people in your area.  Messaging is to make contact, introduce yourself and set up a real in person meeting.

If you are using tinder or other free or hookup apps which are typically 75+% male, it doesn't matter what you say because you're likely to get lost in the crowd.

There's no such thing as "digitally attractive". In fact if you spend too much time texting rather than meeting, you may be dismissed as a timewaster.

Get a good profile and pics on quality paid dating apps. After a couple of messages, suggest meeting. If they stall it means there's low interest or they just want a text buddy.

Perhaps it's time to stop watching all these dating coach videos and do whatever makes sense to you.