A short story for those who have lost hope with love

I have been dating one jerk after another since my very first date and I didn't think I was ever going to find the right guy for me, but I finally did!!! I am so happy right now and just wanted to share my story with everyone, so you can all see that it will eventually happen to you. I only met this guy about two months ago, but I already know that I'm falling in love with him. He's so perfect and treats me like a princess. He was really shy at first and it took him forever to ask me out, but when he finally did he admitted that he's had a crush on me since we first met. Ever since that first date things have been going great. He just moved a couple hours away from me, because he's going to school in a different city, but we're both still committed to eachother and decided that we can make it work long distance. The only advice I need now is how can I let him know that I'm falling in love with him without freaking him out, cause it is really soon in the relationship?

Letting him know is fine, but i feel that situations like this are better if you let nature do the work. Dont go out of your way to tell him you are falling in love with him. Wait long enough and you will accidently let him know one way or the other. It always sems sweeter and more genuine in this case.

I am truly happy for you but I'm going to give you fair warning...lol.

"There is something that I firmly believe in and that is "the 6 month rule." The first six months are almost always going to be perfect. It is the period of time in which two people in a relationship are overly cautious about what aspects of their personality they are willing to show the other. It isn't until after six months, when the people in a relationship become more comfortable with one another, that their true self is unveiled. It is my belief that if you allow yourself to fall in love before 6 months you are most likely not falling in love with the right person. Wait a while longer. And if the person changes for the worst, then you can get out with out feeling too great of a loss. It will also save you from a lot of wasted time."

Now I'm not saying that this is true for EVERYONE. Just be sure you draw the right conclusions about this guy.

I strongly believe in complete openess and honesty. You should express to him your fear in telling him and if he cares for you he will respect you for caring enough about him to overcome that fear to put yourself on the line. If he feels the same then he will express that to you. If it scares him off then more than likely it was for the better especially after two months of a relationship.

Good Luck

• 2 years later...