Did I offend my boyfriend? Would you be offended?

My boyfriend and l are going away for the weekend. I made the hotel reservation. He offered to help with it. I turned it down and told him I appreciate it. I can take care of it and that I’m happy to pay for things, too. I sent him that a few hours ago and haven't heard from him since. He has certainly paid for enough for me. He likes to pay and help pay. I'm worried I may have offended or upset him. Did I?

If he did get offended then that is on him and his ego, not on you. You were very polite about turning down his offer to help out so there is no reason for him to get butt hurt.

I say let it go and act like you were not worried he was upset about not being able to help pay for the room.  If he brings it up then tell him it is important to you that you feel like an equal partner in the relationship and are allowed to do things for him like he does for you.

Men and their pride and ego have caused immeasurable amounts of problems throughout history.  

Lost 

22 minutes ago, thinking_gal1207 said:

My boyfriend and l are going away for the weekend. I made the hotel reservation. He offered to help with it. I turned it down and told him I appreciate it. I can take care of it and that I’m happy to pay for things, too. I sent him that a few hours ago and haven't heard from him since. He has certainly paid for enough for me. He likes to pay and help pay. I'm worried I may have offended or upset him. Did I?

It’s only been a few hours. Wait 24 hours and let him get back to you. Are you always this anxious? I’m sure it’s fine. Have you both traveled together before?