Should we Sell/Buy? Reason enough, or just sit tight?

I really want to preface this? Ugh, forget it, I don't know how to preface this, but it's not about who's right or wrong or if it does or doesn't. I am thinking in the long run as a minority with mixed raced kids, and what is best for them.  Right now, our area has a lot of issues with hundreds of families who do not believe in teaching about diversity or want to fight against programs on inclusivity.  I have been accosted a few times being Asian in a certain part of my town, even before the pandemic.  But while there is tons of support and very tolerant families, the intolerance of non-white people in the area has been showing.  My husband and I have signed with an agent to move to a school district with clearly defined anti-racism policies.

But the market is INSANE in the our area right now since everyone wants to move out of the city because of the pandemic, so inventory is so sparse there are bidding wars happening, and while you can sell above asking in a snap, finding a place within our budget can happen, but super duper hard.

So my question is, do I just tough it out, or go through with the whole shebang?  The photographer is scheduled for Wednesday, and I feel like chickening out because of the stress of not finding something someplace else in a good school district.

My school district is prized, and we got the house for super cheap. What would you do?  Thanks.

Do you want to stay in the same city or move to a smaller area?

I live in a rural area where house prices have gone nuts. My house has tripled in value in 5 years.  Never thought that would happen so fast.  If I could afford the extra cost to move to a more suitable area, I'd move.  As long as I can afford the monthly mortgage, I'd be gone.    Doing what's best for the kids comes first.  

I have never had to deal with race issues and I came from the biggest city in Canada and moved out of there many years ago and would never go back.  Rural/small town living is so much better in my opinion.

I am not a fan of letting anyone running me off from anything.  If you feel you are unsafe then it makes this choice easier.  But if you are reacting to jerks and idiots that recently feel like they have a voice then I would slow things down a little and make a big decision like this from a place of calm reflection.

I would be cautious since you don't have a place to land yet.  Interest rates drive buying power and quick sales but I have found selling a house is a lot easier right now than buying one.  What if you sold and couldn't find something new for years?

It sounds like you have a lot of equity so your profit will be high so check what the capita gains might be if you are over the limit.  What will you do with the profit if you don't have a new house to spend it on?  Invest it?  

Lots to consider other than just the sell of the house.

Lost

Archived