Trying to resist going on dating apps.

Cassie Diamond

I'm living in the UK and i'm 25 years old. I went off dating apps in September last year because of the pandemic, I feel so abnormal and weird, I never had many experiences with guys, I never had a boyfriend. I never met up with many guys. I've been on dating apps and end up deleting my account on all of em because the apps feel useless to me and I have thoughts they are not the right ones.  I wanted a long term relationship with a decent guy, the thing that's stopping me is that we are not in normality yet. I have been tested positive for covid 19 on 8th February and my family also, we already finished isolation. I'm going to get vaccinated early because I have Aspergers, I planned to maybe date in June because my family will then taken the 2nd dose of vaccine and I let it be for a couple of weeks for it to work. I have two different minds about dating, I don't want to wait long either.  I'm so confused and I don't know what to do for the best. I got my eye on a dating app called hily but I haven't used it yet.  I want to stick to that one and never go off it like I did with the others. 

I'm living with family and if I did went on a dating app I wouldn't want my family to know about it yet because nothing good has happened yet, it just will be talking and I would want privacy. It's like i'm trying to stop myself from being happy with someone, Don't get me wrong I had good times being single long enough but I want to have someone for once that I like.  I've been told by my mother....that i should stop acting like my cousin because she wanted relationships all the time, when I have been for years without anyone but she hasn't.  I'm just sick of being judged that's why I want to keep it private. 

You can keep it quiet.  They don't need to know all you are doing.

You are entitled, you're an adult.

My oldest met his gf on one about 5 yrs ago :).. and my younger brother found his on a christian dating site.

What you do is your business... my son asked me not to tell anyone where they met. (He's told people they met via a gaming set up & that's fine) :) 

Is good /fine, that you've been single for a good while.. never any reason to feel you should rush into things (act desperate)- that can lead to poor decisions.

Just be careful doing so.. there are many shady people on there ( yup, you get all kinds) 😞 

Wait until everyone in your household is healthy and vaccinated.

You'll have more peace of mind. No one will want to meet you if people in your home recently had Covid.

At 25 you don't have to discuss your dating apps or dating life with your mother.

Do you work or go to school? Keep busy with your interests. Stay fit and healthy. Use this time to do something productive like get in shape, find a better job etc.

@Wiseman2 I know deep down I don't have to discuss my dating life to my mother, She does want me to have a boyfriend that's decent but she doesn't want me to wallow in self pity over it. Me and my parents have a close bond, so I'm always with them, but the good thing is I made a new friend last year so whenever we all get vaccinated, I can pretend I'm meeting her when I'm meeting a match on the app only when I know him very well. I don't work but I do have interests. I do agree with you that I should wait a bit longer until everyone in my household is vaccinated, that was my initial plan and I want to use my intelligence better than before. 😷🤔 No matter if it's one injection of the vaccination or the 2nd, It's still safe to date. 

Archived