I broke up our marriage he hasn’t fought for me

Tessjs08

I have been married since 2012. Our relationship has been rocky yet when dating we were so happy . We had to move recently out of the blue out of  rental unit it’s cost a fortune abs we didn’t want to . The stress killed me almost. We have one son with autism and he is a handful and he is hard work . Recently my husband took a job driving taxis it’s all in the afternoon and nighttime .I am not seeing him at all and I have no support  looking after my son who is very demanding .   I Have two health conditions and I am struggling . I made an ultimatum I told him please quit the job I can’t cope he also ignored Valentine’s Day . I sobbed and sobbed and he completely ignored my pleas . I am exhausted I love my son I have done everything to support everybody yet I am forgotten about . He has not fought to stop us breaking up ,he hadn’t even fought for me . I am really shocked it seems he had already wanted  to break up he doesn’t care about our son anymore and he left no money for my sons  food . I am my sons carer and don’t get much money . My life is a nightmare I am absolutely devastated he has decided to just break up and not even take part in looking after our son . My son has been crying about him saying he’s left us . I really don’t know why this is happening . He used to love me so much I feel so abandoned . Yes I did break up with him but I thought he would fight for us . So far there’s been nothing . I need him home to help with my son but he’s gone almost 12-16 hours straight . It looks like our marriage is over 😪😪😪

1 hour ago, Tessjs08 said:

I have been married since 2012.   I did break up with him but I thought he would fight for us  . It looks like our marriage is over 😪😪😪

You need to consult an attorney and get legally divorced if you are married. You can't just "break up" as if you are dating. No one has to "fight for you" 

Threatening divorce is also manipulative. Either you consult an attorney and serve him papers, or you try to get marriage therapy.

You also need to get child support on behalf of your child.

Talk to your doctor about your chronic despair. Also get help with your child care .

Move back home to your family. You're too all over the place and could use some practical help and support.

There's nothing wrong with 12 hr shifts. What's wrong is you need to address your depression.

19 hours ago, Tessjs08 said:

Yes I did break up with him but I thought he would fight for us . 

I don't understand the above.  If you "break up" it's usually not with the idea that he will "fight for us".  If you "break up" it's because you want it to end, and it's over.  What you're doing makes it sound like you really don't want a divorce at all - in other words, playing mind games - and it backfired on you.

You don't "break up" in a marriage.  You get divorced.  If that's your intention then you need to see a lawyer.  Also, he has to pay child support.  Your lawyer will advise you on that.

Also, if you gave him the ultimatum to quit his job because you can't cope, how will you pay the rent, all the bills, utilities, etc etc?  Have you got a job which pays enough to cover all these expenses? 

That said, please see a doctor for your general health and mental health. 

Archived