I (M19) feel DEEPLY guilty for crush on sister's (F23) BF's (M22) sister (F19).

QJGO

Let's just say that COVID-19 has made a lot of people do a lot of stupid things, and attempting to pull off double in-laws (not technically, as no marriage was involved but I don't know another term for one sibling pair dating another) was one of mine. The older couple has been together for ~18 months now, and the four of us have always been friendly but the crush is recent. The crush wore off recently, but her and I will always be friends. The older couple knows (but wasn't supposed to); crush (AFAIK) doesn't. I feel like things are SUPER awkward now between the four of us, especially since the older couple are now talking about moving in together and marriage. What should I do?

nothing. Ride out the awkwardness. If it gets brought up, smile it off and just say something like, yeah I probably wasn't thinking straight. It happens. Its only as awkward as you make it. People are as obsessed with us and our lives as much as we think.

Stop double dating and just stay friends.

The older couple has been together for ~18 months now, and the four of us have always been friendly but the crush is recent.

The crush wore off recently, but her and I will always be friends. I feel like things are SUPER awkward now between the four of us

I don't get why you're always around your sister's boyfriend's sister. If you're always hanging out with your sister and going to his house, don't.

At your ages, I'm assuming you'll be quite busy with either college, continuing education, and/or a job and time with other friends. Why is it that you're spending so much time with an ex-crush?

When I lived at home, my brother and I spent lots of time together with group friends, but at 19 and 20, we starting moving out of the family home and spent far less time together. With your sister moving out, this might be the case for you, too.

Awkwardness will fade with time. If that's the worst problem you have, you're pretty lucky.

Archived