I'm (F21) annoyed at my boyfriend (26), pls let me know if I'm just being petty

egyptianmau

This is the second thread you've created in your unhappiness with your boyfriend. I responded twice to another thread about lack of communication between him and you when meeting up.

Regarding the particular incident in your first post, yes, his comments are unnecessary but so is your involvement with a careless individual who makes rude comments. You get to choose what type of people you want to hang out with. Ultimately the responsibility to make yourself happy is on you. I hope you realize this.

I do, and I'm really appreciative of all the advice everyone who has commented has given me. It helps me know where I stand reaction-wise and to know if I'm over reacting or not. It seems like in this particular instance I did, but in the past he has been very inconsiderate. I'm planning to sit and have a talk with him next time we hang out and see where things go from there. If things end because he's not willing to do anything different then all I can say is that it was a good run
He is clearly not the type to have someone plan out his life for him. It's not what he wants. He doesn't like it because it probably feels controlling. The more you push it the more he pulls away. Try asking him what he wants rather than focusing on you and what you want. Get some help with your issues.
Thing is, he's the one who brought it up in the first place. Then when I try to set it up with him he won't give me straight answers. So it wasn't even my suggestion in the first place. I suggested I again later because he brought it up and he thought it would be good
  • 2 weeks later...
Thing is, he's the one who brought it up in the first place. Then when I try to set it up with him he won't give me straight answers. So it wasn't even my suggestion in the first place. I suggested I again later because he brought it up and he thought it would be good

This is petty. Basically, you just said "nuh-uh, he started it."

Archived