I think I royally screwed things up

LotusBlack

All I can say is, I wouldn’t be sharing a room with someone I barely know.

I say getting two rooms is the best bet.

Driving there both days, which would mean four hours on the road per day, seems like a lot.

If I can suggest, because we see way too many threads on this topic, don’t compromise wanting to take things slow because you get caught up in the moment. The minute compromise, is exactly when you’ll be back here on ENA regretting being intimate too son.

It just became a non-issue actually, haha (which is why I edited the comment). He has to do some lab work in the morning on the Sunday and Saturday, which makes it a bit difficult to organise going for so long into London. I don't mind though! It's probably best! And, I must admit that I'm a little relieved to not have to consider logistics, which tells me I wouldn't have been ready to stay away with someone at this point.

Fortunately, I've never had to regret being intimate with someone too soon. Even at 32, I've only been in 3 serious relationships and have never slept with someone I wasn't officially in a relationship with and which wasn't also serious. The first one took 4 years for me to be comfortable with that. The second one took 2 years, and the last one..well..it took several months but I wouldn't allow anything to happen before he took an STI test and showed me the results (which I'm also still seriously considering requesting from the man I'm currently dating, even if it is a' romantic moment'-killer).

It just became a non-issue actually, haha (which is why I edited the comment). He has to do some lab work in the morning on the Sunday and Saturday, which makes it a bit difficult to organise going for so long into London. I don't mind though! It's probably best! And, I must admit that I'm a little relieved to not have to consider logistics, which tells me I wouldn't have been ready to stay away with someone at this point.

Fortunately, I've never had to regret being intimate with someone too soon. Even at 32, I've only been in 3 serious relationships and have never slept with someone I wasn't officially in a relationship with and which wasn't also serious. The first one took 4 years for me to be comfortable with that. The second one took 2 years, and the last one..well..it took several months but I wouldn't allow anything to happen before he took an STI test and showed me the results (which I'm also still seriously considering requesting from the man I'm currently dating, even if it is a romantic moment-killer).

Yeah if you aren’t comfortable with the idea, it makes the decision a lot easier, and therefore I’d obviously recommend not going.

Just had to get that bit in on not compromising your wanting to take things slow. Too many people do and come back here regretting their decision that they gave in too soon.

Well hope you two have fun on the next date!

Just had to get that bit in on not compromising your wanting to take things slow. Too many people do and come back here regretting their decision that they gave in too soon.

Well hope you two have fun on the next date!

Haha, well, for better or worse I am considered a prude. But you are right - many people do regret moving too fast regarding sexual intimacy; and despite my slow-paced past, I'm not immune to making mistakes I haven't made before. Had things not worked out this way naturally, I'd have veered away from sharing a room based on your reminder (and my natural inclination), so thanks for that!

Fortunately, I've never had to regret being intimate with someone too soon. Even at 32, I've only been in 3 serious relationships and have never slept with someone I wasn't officially in a relationship with and which wasn't also serious. The first one took 4 years for me to be comfortable with that. The second one took 2 years, and the last one..well..it took several months but I wouldn't allow anything to happen before he took an STI test and showed me the results (which I'm also still seriously considering requesting from the man I'm currently dating, even if it is a' romantic moment'-killer).

Romantic-moment killer? Really? Just ask him when you're both fully clothed/sober and not about to have sex. It's your life/health and fertility if you care about such things. I'm glad you had your former partners tested. I did as well. And I offered to be tested as well, only fair. Hopefully you're mostly joking. I'm glad you have the away trip on hold -seems soon, I agree.

Romantic-moment killer? Really? Just ask him when you're both fully clothed/sober and not about to have sex. It's your life/health and fertility if you care about such things. I'm glad you had your former partners tested. I did as well. And I offered to be tested as well, only fair. Hopefully you're mostly joking. I'm glad you have the away trip on hold -seems soon, I agree.

Haha, yes, that was my point - that I didn't care if such a question killed the romance because it sure beats a potential life-long (or short-term) illness/disease. And I absolutely also get tested when I request my partners do so, even if I haven't been active at all since the previous test and know with certainty that I'm clear - they don't know that. So, it isn't reasonable to ask that of them if I'm not willing to do the same, so I always have. I'm also basically a non-drinker and haven't ever been drunk before or ever done drugs (not even weed), so being sober isn't an issue. During our last date we did discuss sex because we got to a point where it was an option and we both agreed that that was not the time for that. So, we stayed 100% clothed and ended up just chatting for the following few hours (with a cheeky kiss here and there). He was fine with that and stated that whilst he's sure it would have been good at that time, it will only be better the longer we wait and just get to know each other as people first.

It does turn out that it's possible to go to the event just on Sunday and after his lab work. So, we'll do that and just make a day out of it, which is much preferable. The going away thing was never ideal and not what either of us were looking to do, but logistically it was turning out to be the direction things were going in. In the end, we decided that we'll just go there on our own terms and whatever consequences result from that for the event (e.g. missing out on being able to get in, or not being able to be there the whole time), we'll just take it on the chin and adapt to the situation. We both feel much more comfortable with that.

Archived