Husband using money against me?!

He makes these kind of comments as soon as we get into an argument or i say he should not do something he wants to do .We try to make a plan then it usually wont stay ,then he gets angry bcause our economy is not the way he would like it and blames it on me because i still do not work.I understand him but it is not like i didnt look for a job,and now i got one and still he came with this comment.And if it wasnt a birthday gift for my dad i would not get get this serious...i also told him,so you bought your mom multiple gifts and complain i buy to my father this one? he answered "i work you do not when you get sa job you can buy your parents whatever you want" :/

Can you get full time hours in the future at your job? I work part time as well (and in our situation it works beautifully - but I could work at this job full time most likely if we needed the $, etc.)

maybe you can not find a job as soon as you look for one? seriously its not about the job,i have found one now,but its the disrespect

Is this the attitude you took when he expressed he wasn't happy with you not working way past when you agreed you would?

Point is, he may feel you have shown disrespect to him, and eroded his trust in you. That's actually pretty serious.

Also I think someone would have had to have fallen off the turnip truck yesterday to swallow that it takes years to find any part time job. If you told him that, no wonder his back is up.

Is this the attitude you took when he expressed he wasn't happy with you not working way past when you agreed you would?

Point is, he may feel you have shown disrespect to him, and eroded his trust in you. That's actually pretty serious.

Also I think someone would have had to have fallen off the turnip truck yesterday to swallow that it takes years to find any part time job. If you told him that, no wonder his back is up.

It too me over a year to find the right part time job - it would have taken me very little time to find any part time job. Reasons: child care issues (meaning could I telework or would it mean babysitters/after school care which factors into whether the $ is worth it, etc), and if you want a job in your field that looks good on a resume it can't be just any job. I completely agree it doesn't take as long to find a part time job if child care/type of work isn't as much of or an issue at all. It's easier to find full time is what I found so I am curious as to why she promised to work and then only is doing part time.

It too me over a year to find the right part time job - it would have taken me very little time to find any part time job. Reasons: child care issues (meaning could I telework or would it mean babysitters/after school care which factors into whether the $ is worth it, etc), and if you want a job in your field that looks good on a resume it can't be just any job. I completely agree it doesn't take as long to find a part time job if child care/type of work isn't as much of or an issue at all. It's easier to find full time is what I found so I am curious as to why she promised to work and then only is doing part time.

It was idea i take this job because it is in my field and as you say will look good ,so i took it .His words were "doesnt matter how much you work it will help you in the long run" and the taking care of the child part plays a part as well

and this would be ok if he didnt say this from my first post days later

my child is 2 ,he expected me to find a job when child is 1 ,the year before i was a student and he knew it.so it is 1 year longer not 3...but i told him i can get any job,and then he is all but find a job in your field,,then when he is in a bad mood he will say the things i wrote here

not enough information on wha'ts goign on with the marriage to conclude what's going on.

clearly he's fed up and had enough of SOMETHIGN relating to you and thus his comments about "money" come up. What that is? no way to tell since you've not given us anything.

Your job is to figure out why and hwat he's fed up with that's making him do this and discuss it with him. It may be somethign you never guessed or thought of.

Utnil we know what that is, saying its person's A's fault or person's B - and whether you should leave is very premature and basing it off of a micro-fact and micro-incident. Get to the root cause and foundation of the issue and work it and assess it once you have that.

Archived