Which do I sacrifice - having children, education, or financial responsibility?

That is great then! I think whether you see it or not your life is working exactly the way you wanted it just not in the timeline you wanted . I remember when I was going to university from the time I was young I always wanted to be a lawyer . And then I met my husband and abandoned that because I wanted marriage and children . And I always wanted more than one child . Well, I only had one child and miscarried 4. Within the next few years we will be adopting our great nephew . So I will be having another child just 25 years after expecting them. Life does not occur according to our time unfortunately.

Thanks for sharing part of your story. I think I actually read a thread you posted about adopting your relative's child after it becomes a little too difficult for your parents to continue raising him/her. That was your thread, yes? I'm happy that things have come full-circle, even if it wasn't in the way you'd hoped. I'm usually quite optimistic and am fluid with whatever turn of events happen in my life, but I hadn't slept for a while and I was feeling bad that my mother was no-longer with me to talk about this issue with. First Christmas and New Years since she passed. I've bounced back and know that things will be okay, whatever happens. You're right, I did get at least one of the things I always wanted and I'm beyond grateful that I was able to bring about that reality.

Oh that is great news for you -takes a lot of stress off the ticking clock issue.

It does. And, maybe I need to let go of the idea of biological children altogether - I mean to say that perhaps I shouldn't expect them but also not not expect them. If it happens it happens and it will be a fortunate turn of events. If I take the pressure off of bringing that about and just let the chips fall where they may, perhaps the chips will happen to fall in an ideal place.

Thanks for sharing part of your story. I think I actually read a thread you posted about adopting your relative's child after it becomes a little too difficult for your parents to continue raising him/her. That was your thread, yes? I'm happy that things have come full-circle, even if it wasn't in the way you'd hoped. I'm usually quite optimistic and am fluid with whatever turn of events happen in my life, but I hadn't slept for a while and I was feeling bad that my mother was no-longer with me to talk about this issue with. First Christmas and New Years since she passed. I've bounced back and know that things will be okay, whatever happens. You're right, I did get at least one of the things I always wanted and I'm beyond grateful that I was able to bring about that reality.

I am sorry about your mom. :(. Yes ,absolutely the first few celebrations without them are always the hardest . Yes ,you’re right that was my thread. One of my nieces had her son far to young and the father even younger . So my great nephew was picked up by children’s aid . My niece can’t care for him . Right now he’s in the care of my parents but they can’t do this indefinitely as they are too old . My mom has already fallen twice in one week. The second time really injuring herself. She is just not the kind to ever admit she can’t do something and my step dad works full time at 80 due to losing his pension. So this is a lot of stress on them . But after they get full legal custody in a few months or so we will be able to apply for adopting him .

It does. And, maybe I need to let go of the idea of biological children altogether - I mean to say that perhaps I shouldn't expect them but also not not expect them. If it happens it happens and it will be a fortunate turn of events. If I take the pressure off of bringing that about and just let the chips fall where they may, perhaps the chips will happen to fall in an ideal place.

When I wanted to conceive a child I prepared my body by going off the pill in advance, taking additional vitamins and getting a work up by my gynecologist -I don't think you can take your approach entirely if you are serious about trying to conceive at some point.

Archived