My boyfriend of 6 years broke up with me

elle101

It sounds like you want and need the money so he's going to keep sending it. There is nothing you can do about him. He broke up, he wants space but he felt enough pity for you to not leave you hanging financially.

What you can do is reduce your spending, increase your earnings and savings, review your finances and set up a much better budget. As well as revisit getting the appropriate support from the child's father and seeing if you are eligible for any government support/relief for your child. .

Keep in mind this supplement/gift will not go on forever. He will move forward and at some point need to cut you off and focus on new relationships. That is why it's in your and your child's best interest to get an appropriate budget going. It's unfair to make your child suffer because you won't pursue the appropriate legal, governmental and financial help and live this preciously at the mercy of a recent ex's pity.

Please accept the money. He didn’t want to review it and wanted to carry on giving it to me.

Need but not want, and definitely don’t want his pity! Agree re the trying to sort out finances which I am already doing, and also that his financial support won’t last forever. So it feels like we still have a connection if I carry on like this 😞

Archived