Need some advice please..

NotMonday

Hey everyone. It's been awhile since I've posted last so here goes

I have been dating this guy since the Fall of last year. I recently noticed that in March he started following a girl (she shares a particular interest of his) so that's not a big deal as he follows other girls (some really beautiful) and will like their selfies and other such stuff. My particular concern here that I am asking advice on is back in March he regrammed the girl's pic and said "Shout out to my girl @_____ give her a follow!". I am bothered he called her "my girl" when he's in a relationship with me. I don't know if I am justified or overthinking?? What do you think? Red flag?

I will add she does a lot of selfies(showing their shared interest) and he has liked everyone since the time he started following her, even going back to a few of her ones from a year or two ago. But he sometimes does this to the really pretty girls. I am about 50lbs overweight which he tells me he has no problem with but I can't help to feel a little insecure when I see this. I really like this guy and he's great. So is it me allowing my insecurities to take over or him just appreciating a pretty girl on social media?

Finally, no I have not spoken to him about it yet.

You need to work on your self confidence. When your boyfriend said "my girl," he's not actually saying this girl is his. It's a common phrase like saying "my pal," or "my bud." It doesn't mean anything.

There's a lot of girl who think they're hot stuff who post half naked pictures of themselves on Instagram and Facebook. They want people to notice them Guys like to look at pictures of beautiful girls. It doesn't really mean much. If you're sensitive about your looks, then work out more. But there's nothing to worry about if this is all he's doing.

Thank you! Yes I need to work on my self confidence and I do workout. I know a lot of girls post selfies (I've only done a few, just not my thing) and this is common now. I am not ugly but I know I am not the prettiest girl out there and can recognize a pretty girl and try to keep it all in perspective.

"My girl" used in this context does not mean or infer she's his girlfriend. It's not a red flag.

If you're 50lbs over weight, then you need to do what you need to do to correct that if you feel it contributes to how you esteem yourself. That's not your boyfriend's heavy lift, no pun intended.

I see nothing wrong with what he's doing as long as you're allowed to like guys' pics on IG.

Archived