No Matchs after 8 Weeks

Hive

Thanks for all the positive and helpful comments, for now I’ve decided to delete my accounts on both apps, once I’ve taken some new photos and worked on my Bio I’ll give it another try on a fresh account. Hopefully the advice you guys have provided will work for me :)

Also, I noticed a lot of people seem to mention that Tinder is just for hook-ups, I don’t know if that’s true in the US but it seems to have a much more credible reputation here in the UK, I know several friends who have used the app and built up serious relationships with lots of successful dates.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for all the positive and helpful comments, for now I’ve decided to delete my accounts on both apps, once I’ve taken some new photos and worked on my Bio I’ll give it another try on a fresh account. Hopefully the advice you guys have provided will work for me :)

Also, I noticed a lot of people seem to mention that Tinder is just for hook-ups, I don’t know if that’s true in the US but it seems to have a much more credible reputation here in the UK, I know several friends who have used the app and built up serious relationships with lots of successful dates.

I think that's a great idea, Hive

Start over with a clean slate!

I really do like the side profile, the goofy pic with you and your brother and another one of your face shots. I think most women would agree those are flattering, clear pics. I think up loading those again would be fine as long as you add a pic of you smiling and a full body shot too as I mentioned before.

I don't know how tinder is in England but ya, here in the U.S its mainly for hookups

Keep us posted! :)

I thought it was more serious in the US to be honest! Down here in southern Europe a lot of people use it as a hook up app. Honestly, it's all comes down to what you are looking for. You need to be upfront about your intentions, whatever they are. I've met a lot of men, some just hook ups, some friends( I wasn't looking for a relationship so I swiped left on most of the guys that stated so on their profile); I had A LOT of messages though that were targeted to just raw hookups and in an aggressive manner like "Hey you're on tinder, what did you expect? Now send me some nudes".... That said, I do know a couple who met on Tinder and is getting married. So it's a tool, use it wisely.

Sounds like a good plan! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

I don't think it's the apps/websites, it's about the two people involved and where they mutually decide they wants things to go.

The same man who's only been pursuing casual hookups on Tinder and other websites may meet a woman on Tinder and want a relationship with her.

It's what the two people want to make of it, with each other.

I really dislike generalizations like this (e.g. Tinder is only for hookups), attraction, love, sex don't work that way.

I don't think it's the apps/websites, it's about the two people involved and where they mutually decide they wants things to go.

The same man who's only been pursuing casual hookups on Tinder and other websites may meet a woman on Tinder and want a relationship with her.

It's what the two people want to make of it, with each other.

I really dislike generalizations like this (e.g. Tinder is only for hookups), attraction, love, sex don't work that way.

So true. Although looking for a relationship, most of my dates have been demoted to hook ups.

Archived