Need advice

Nsomnia901

My ex and I do not get along most of the time.... Bad relationship if 2 years... We have a 20m daughter that we share 50 50 custody..... Lately my ex does not want anymore extra time with her daughter.. She's does all this religious talk... I'm pretty sure it's because she is with a new guy..... The problem is he is 50...19 years older than my ex. I'm seriously disturbed by this for obvious reasons..... Now I don't care if she wants to live her life....but I am not comfortable with some 50yr old is around my daughter all the time...shes spending the night there....always over his house..... And before she wanted more time with my daughter, and always threatened me with custody to get more... and now she wants less because she always has plans.... On top of which she constantly threatens custody on me... Which makes no sense. I'm not dating anyone...currently but I do have friends that we have date nights when I don't have my daughter....... Not sure what to do it feel....

Well you don’t get much say in it. She gets to date whoever she wants. She’s an adult and at 31 it’s not that strange to be dating someone who is 50. I’m not sure why his age is an issue.

Figure out a schedule that works for both of you and stay out of her dating life.

The problem is you're still holding out hope that she's going to get back with you. You have to give up on that hope. Stop trying to win her back. Stop engaging with her. Keep conversations short and to the point: what time do I pick up little Sally? Is 5 o'clock a good time? Keep it business like. And move on.

I don't want her back...... She was worst gf ever... Emotionless... My only concern is the fact this woman doesn't think ahead.... She's slept with over 100 guys.. And now just like that instead of spending time with our daughter, she doesn't want her to spend time with a man whose almost twice her age.... My concern is her daughter is not number 1 priority. I'm enjoying my time with my daughter....im dating....emotionally I could care less about her. I just want my daughter to have a stable environment growing up.

I don't want her back...... She was worst gf ever... Emotionless... My only concern is the fact this woman doesn't think ahead.... She's slept with over 100 guys.. And now just like that instead of spending time with our daughter, she doesn't want her to spend time with a man whose almost twice her age.... My concern is her daughter is not number 1 priority. I'm enjoying my time with my daughter....im dating....emotionally I could care less about her. I just want my daughter to have a stable environment growing up.
As a father when you have an almost 2yr old and my exes time with her chikd revolves around her personal life. That's a red flag for me... My life revolves around my daughter. Not the other way around.

Then stick to your visitation and custody agreements. You are not creating any stability by continuing a war with your ex over parenting, her personal life, etc. Also keeping a steady and reliable routine as far as visitation/custody creates stability, which you aren't doing.

I just want my daughter to have a stable environment growing up.

Archived