HOLY MOLY feeling confused

Laurayoga

Has anyone been in a ”situationship”, casually dating someone for months ongoing (9 months in this case), going on dates 2X a week (dinners, concert, vacations) , sleeping together without EVER discussing feelings or never attempting to have the “talk” on both ends?

A few weeks ago he took me on a work-related trip to an amazing island. He never said he didn’t want a relationship. We’re both guilty of taking the passive role & not talking about it, I guess. I’ve also never approached this thought until know, because when I first met him, I was out of a serious relationship.

He seems to be more stoic, more actions than words. For example, during our trip, he referred to himself as my boyfriend in a sentence (“Just tell the concierge your boyfriend told you…”) ?

What happened in your case or what is happening? What was going on in your head or could be? Both in mid thirties, never married.

Why haven't you attempted the talk? He won't because he has a nice casual relationship with you, with the added benefit of sex.

Been there, done that. Ended miserably lol . Except I asked a few times and I got the run around. Should have bailed earlier than I did. Lesson learned.

If it works for you, leave it alone.

It sounds like you are exclusive and he thinks of himself as your bf. What label are you looking for?

He seems to be more stoic, more actions than words. For example, during our trip, he referred to himself as my boyfriend in a sentence (“Just tell the concierge your boyfriend told you…”) ?

Archived