My female friend

Needtoknow222

Apparently you were buying her drinks with an expectation. That's not fair to her. If you're buying someone a drink, or doing anything for someone really, you should do it out of the goodness of your heart, because you want to. Was it rude of her to not return the favor? Maybe so. But she wasn't obligated to buy you a drink. So if you are expecting something in return, whether it be a drink for yourself or if you are intending to woo her, you should make that clear to her. But ultimately, she owes you nothing.

My favorite quote: An eye for an eye would only leave the whole world blind.

Apparently you were buying her drinks with an expectation. That's not fair to her. If you're buying someone a drink, or doing anything for someone really, you should do it out of the goodness of your heart, because you want to. Was it rude of her to not return the favor? Maybe so. But she wasn't obligated to buy you a drink. So if you are expecting something in return, whether it be a drink for yourself or if you are intending to woo her, you should make that clear to her. But ultimately, she owes you nothing.

My favorite quote: An eye for an eye would only leave the whole world blind.

No I've said to her before I don't want anything in return for what I do for her. A thank you would be nice every now and then. Plus there's been times when I've gone out drinking/dancing with her she's orders drinks for other people then turned to me to pay. I said to her I don't mind buying her drinks I know she has not got much money but I enjoy her company.

No I've said to her before I don't want anything in return for what I do for her. A thank you would be nice every now and then. Plus there's been times when I've gone out drinking/dancing with her she's orders drinks for other people then turned to me to pay. I said to her I don't mind buying her drinks I know she has not got much money but I enjoy her company.
If it upset you then you wanted something in return.

That is the only reason it CAN upset you.

Even gratitude is wanting something.

Not that there is anything wrong with gratitude.

But yes, you most definitely and 100% want something back. Otherwise it wouldn't matter.

Archived