Is she interested?

Shudder

Been a while since I've posted anything here but I got a situation where I'm a bit confused (been out of the dating game for a while).

I met this girl at a networking event earlier this week. She showed signs of interest and we traded contact info.

Texted back and forth for the last 2 days here and there with some bantering going on but nothing too heavy. I asked her if she'd like to get a coffee next week and she said yes.

I live in a tropical country so the climate here is relatively warm all year around. As we were talking about where to meet, she suggested a place which is known for an al fresco appeal. I said I was thinking of something more indoors and cooler a I tend to sweat easy and it's not good for first impressions. To which she said what impressions... save that for your dates.

So after that I got the feeling that she's not really interested. However I've also gone on 'dates' with women who said it wasn't a date only to turn around and try to kiss me.

I probably know the answer but should I expect any interest from her?

"what impressions... save that for your dates."

hmm that's weird. either she is kidding around or has an odd way of making it clear shes uninterested. that's almost a kind of rude way to say things lol. but I mean, did you ask for her number and that's how she traded info with you? if she willingly gave out her number that is a plus.

also side note; I can not stress this enough to men- if you genuinely like a woman and want to get to know her on a date then suggest dinner!! not coffee!! just my opinion but coffee can be seen as either a friendly hang out or more to many woman. it implies less seriousness (at least to me). where taking a woman to dinner is a very obvious sign you have feelings and cannot be confused. I have a guy friend who always asks girls for coffee and they go assuming it's just to "chill" as friends. Dinner also gives her the chance to dress up and be courted by you. if you can maybe arrange taking her to dinner one night? good luck!

"what impressions... save that for your dates."

hmm that's weird. either she is kidding around or has an odd way of making it clear shes uninterested. that's almost a kind of rude way to say things lol. but I mean, did you ask for her number and that's how she traded info with you? if she willingly gave out her number that is a plus.

Yeah I have her number and some of her social media. I've actually heard the opposite that dinner freaks people out and makes them think you want something serious right off the bat and coffee is more of a chill neutral ground for the first proper meeting.

I think she was just nervous, she is probably insecure for some reason, maybe had some bad dates before, so she tried to act cool, joking, we tend to do that, but the fact that she was teasing you about your "dates" it is a good sign... I would give her another chance! See how that will go... People are saying all kinds of stupid things when they are nervous, how was otherwise the "date", how was she acted, how was her body language? Pay attention to that, that will probably tell more about her true feelings and thoughts...

I think she was just nervous, she is probably insecure for some reason, maybe had some bad dates before, so she tried to act cool, joking, we tend to do that, but the fact that she was teasing you about your "dates" it is a good sign... I would give her another chance! See how that will go... People are saying all kinds of stupid things when they are nervous, how was otherwise the "date", how was she acted, how was her body language? Pay attention to that, that will probably tell more about her true feelings and thoughts...

The asking out was done via text messaging, not in person.

Was this place a restaurant? Perhaps she wanted a real date, not a just coffee meet.

Yes however just re-reading the whole chat log, she just pointed out that place as it is near where I work but she had no intention of going (i asked her to meet after work) and she instead wanted me to go to her area.

Communication did dip a little after I asked her for coffee. I made another attempt a couple days later regarding going for happy hour drinks middle of the week. She said work has her tied down till end of the week and that's when she'll be free. So technically I haven't been fed a no yet.

Don't think she's interested anymore. made another attempt to ask her to get together and got a fairly neutral response back that she couldn't make it with no counter offer or even attempt at conversation.

I'll never understand why women give all the hints of interest and once asked out, they lose interest.

Don't think she's interested anymore. made another attempt to ask her to get together and got a fairly neutral response back that she couldn't make it with no counter offer or even attempt at conversation.

I'll never understand why women give all the hints of interest and once asked out, they lose interest.

This doesn't apply to all women, but some seek assurance/dopamine by getting a guy to ask them out. Once that box is ticked, they swiftly move on.

Archived