Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Is she avoiding selling to me?

somechick99

There is a lady who sells a variety of self-help ebooks/workshops and I've bought one from her before. In the past I bought a health related one and found it has already been extremely helpful and felt my money was well spent. This was about one month ago.

On the 28th of December I sent her a message saying I wanted to buy 2 other ebooks and sent her payment for them. She responded that she is traveling and will not be home near the computer with them for a couple days. After a few days, she refunded me, saying she's not sure when she will return home but will let me know.

Well, it is now the 17th of January and I messaged her again now that it's been a few weeks. She told me she is sorry but she has still been traveling this whole time and still does not have access to the other ebooks I want. Okay, odd for someone trying to make money but whatever. However, she has been posting advertisements for them left and right on her social media. I know I should probably just give up with this person for now as it is her money lost but I really wanted those books and also just feel it is strange someone would advertise something they don't know when they can actually sell.

Does it sound like she is avoiding selling to me specifically for some reason? Everything went very smoothly with our first transaction and I know she received payment etc. Isn't it likely she would have a copy in her email somewhere even if she doesn't have her usual computer? At this point I'm just curious what's going on lol

Does it sound like she is avoiding selling to me specifically for some reason?
No but I'd be reporting her to the Better Business Bureau or at least to facebook for false advertising. She's requesting money for a product she hasn't been able to deliver. Granted, she did refund your money but she's still advertising the product for sale. If nothing else, she should take the product off her page until she is able to deliver.
No but I'd be reporting her to the Better Business Bureau or at least to facebook for false advertising. She's requesting money for a product she hasn't been able to deliver. Granted, she did refund your money but she's still advertising the product for sale. If nothing else, she should take the product off her page until she is able to deliver.

If she refunded the ebooks, she is not compelled to sell something else to her. Our little donut shop down the street closes for three weeks in January and two weeks during the summer when the owner travel and they don't honor any business then. If she just works for herself and is not home much during january, this isn't like going over to Target and them refusing you service. I would not read anything personal into it and get the ebooks from elsewhere. Or wait until she gets back

If she refunded the ebooks, she is not compelled to sell something else to her. Our little donut shop down the street closes for three weeks in January and two weeks during the summer when the owner travel and they don't honor any business then. If she just works for herself and is not home much during january, this isn't like going over to Target and them refusing you service. I would not read anything personal into it and get the ebooks from elsewhere. Or wait until she gets back

I like the donut shop comparison, thank you. I guess a lot of people travel in January due to the cold. Although, I still find it odd she is posting social media ads for her products if she cannot sell them right now. I won't take it personally, but it is a bit annoying. Nothing in her posts implies that they are not immediately available

She's advertising that the books are available... that's my point. How many people is she going to have to return money to while she's away? She is advertising something that she cannot deliver. Unless she has a disclaimer on her page that she won't be able to deliver until she returns, I'm sticking to my response.

Archived