Should I contact him?

Wildflower11

This guy I have known for awhile asked me out on a date about a month ago. The day the date came I got sick and had to cancel. He needed to cancel as well because he had a family emergency. I texted him a few days later to see how he was doing. He said that he wasn’t doing well. We both agreed when he was in a better place we’d like to try again but he said as for now he’s just not in a good place and didn’t want to talk to anyone. I said I understood and was thinking of him and his family. He never responded. It’s been nearly 3 weeks and I haven’t heard from him. I have a formal coming up and I want to ask him but I don’t want to bother him. Should I break the ice and ask him? Should I just ask him how he’s doing? Should I just wait until Christmas and wish him a happy holiday? Or should I just not contact him at all and wait for him to contact me?

If I were you, I would at least text him and ask if he'd like to go to the formal with you. You can also ask him how he's doing. He might be relieved that you reached out to him. If he doesn't text you back, then that's it. Just delete him.

You asked the same exact thing, two hours ago. . You should refer to that thread.

He told you very clearly that he did not want to speak to anyone. You also never stated what happened in his family?

Don’t know what happened in the family. I don’t feel it’s my place to ask. I just wanted to ask at a different time of day to get different perspectives. But I am not going to contact him maybe just a merry Christmas next week but that’s it.

Archived