Should I Stay With Him

Me and my boyfriend have been dating long distance for about 7 months now. I love him very much and he feels the same way but I feel like I don't have an identity outside of him. I got into this relationship a couple of months after I had a big break up and I am starting to feel like I am too scared to be alone emotionally to break up with him but I feel like I need to find myself before I feel like I can truly be myself at all. I feel like I rely solely on him to be happy and I don't think it is healthy at all. I am really scared that me deciding to break up with him will mean I am losing the person I am supposed to be with forever and that I won't find someone else. I really need some advice on what I should do.

So what's stopping you from getting out and engaging in social activities, hobbies, trying out different things, etc? That actually enhances relationships as you both bring something interesting to the table. You don't have to dump him to pursue your interests....or even discover what they are....

So what's stopping you from getting out and engaging in social activities, hobbies, trying out different things, etc? That actually enhances relationships as you both bring something interesting to the table. You don't have to dump him to pursue your interests....or even discover what they are....

I agree. Why aren't you getting out and being social?

Archived