He said "nice and friendly.. and open"

blackswift

Hi guys so I've known this guy for almost 10 yrs now, he was from the town i grew up until i left in late 2000s. Anyway he came to visit where i live now just this summer but we didnt get the chance to meet since I was too caught up with work and he just stayed for 2 weeks. We continued chatting until one day I decided to just flirt a little, note that I've had a little crush on him since the beginning but I did not respond to it since I was dating other people. Flirting continued until he told me he's coming to town this November and see how it goes. He booked a hotel resort for the 2 of us for the good 3-4 days and even rented a place near my work. He's staying for 2 weeks again.

Okay I like this guy, but I have a feeling that he's just coming here for sex. He knows I like him, I tried asking him if he's down for a commitment and he said he's not into long distance. And he likes what we have now.. "nice and friendly, and open".

I don't need advice as to how to make him fall for me or to commit, but I need tips on how to keep my guard up much more. I want to see him, thats all... but do you guys have more tips on how to keep my composure? I don't want to fall deeper for him because I know for a fact and he stated he's not into ldr.

I just want to make sure I wont get hurt here, thanks in advance.

The only way to avoid getting hurt is to avoid this situation all together. He is not on the same page as you, from the way you talk, you seem intelligent enough to know that it's not going anywhere. Thankfully he's being open and honest before you were in too deep.

You say you don't need advice on how to make him fall for you or commit but I wonder what else there is to say? Again you seem to be quite aware you're putting yourself at risk of getting hurt, because he's letting you know he doesn't want a LDR. So knowing that, the only way to avoid hurt is to avoid him. I cant remember who on this board says it but I'm going to steal it for this post. " if you don't want to be booty, don't be booty."

So knowing that, the only way to avoid hurt is to avoid him. I cant remember who on this board says it but I'm going to steal it for this post. " if you don't want to be booty, don't be booty."

Thank you. But the thing i dont get is, why would he fly all the way here just to see me? He didn't have plans to come here until we started talking into that level. Idgi.

Thank you. But the thing i dont get is, why would he fly all the way here just to see me? He didn't have plans to come here until we started talking into that level. Idgi.

You answered this yourself...

Okay I like this guy, but I have a feeling that he's just coming here for sex".

I don't need advice as to how to make him fall for me or to commit, but I need tips on how to keep my guard up much more. I want to see him, thats all... but do you guys have more tips on how to keep my composure? I don't want to fall deeper for him because I know for a fact and he stated he's not into ldr

I just want to make sure I wont get hurt here, thanks in advance.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you you're wrong because I don't think you are.

You know, most of us have a difficult time controlling our emotions. There isn't a magic pill that can keep us from getting hurt. If you're the type who falls in love easily and who wants a long-term relationship, then you might want to keep away from this guy. If you can just go with it, have a nice time hanging out and having unattached sex, then go for it. Do not consider him a boyfriend. He's an "affair." He's probably going to come to town every couple of months. You can let this guy wine and dine you, and have sex with you, but don't consider him a boyfriend. He's not. If you can differentiate the two, they do it. if you can't, then don't.

Archived