I recently got dumped by my girlfriend of 2 years and I'm depressed! Help!

notjustin

Long story short, near the beginning of our relationship, I complimented another girl's butt in front of my girlfriend and she got upset about it because she's a bit insecure about her own body. We got in a fight and I told her I wouldn't do stuff like that again. After a good while, I did it again. She got so furious at me because I texted my friend about ANOTHER girl and she didn't find out until 3 months later. Her and I had a long fight about it, probably happening every once a week for about 4 months, she had problems trusting me. I told her she could trust me again, because I wouldn't do anything like that ever again, and I didn't. It was good for a while, until I started getting trust issues too. She hung out with her friends, but one of them was a guy that I didn't like. I started to get angry while she was out with her friends, she got angry at me and she told me we needed a break. During the 3 day break, she went out to a party with that guy again, and officially dumped me. I recently found out that the guy she was hanging out with had a crush on her and was checking her out. Its been a week since the breakup, and I've already begged and pleaded for her back, but I'm starting the NC rule. She still hangs out with him after/ during school, and she blocked me on every piece of social media, she doesn't want to see me at all. She said she just needs time to herself, and even if i give her that time, I shouldn't expect her to get back with me. She's still okay with me coming over on her birthday, which is on the 15th of November, but she doesn't want a gift like flowers or makeup or a gift card, I offered her something from the heart that I made, and she was okay with that. I JUST started the NC rule today and I'm petrified of losing her to another guy, or if she ever wants me back. I'm deeply in love with her, and I'd do anything to get her back, anything.

(P.S we were best friends before we started dating, she had a crush on me for 7 months and I didn't even know it. I moved schools since 2016 but I still see her mostly every Saturday and some weekdays. She's the kind of insecure girl that doesn't feel confident about herself)

(Sorry I'm only 16!! I want this girl back more than anything!!)

I complimented another girl's butt in front of my girlfriend and she got upset about it because she's a bit insecure about her own body.

You've got this all wrong. This is not about her being insecure at all, this is about respect. As someone's partner you do not disrespect them and go oogling other girls or commenting on other girls.

It is wrong and you will make any girl feel insecure behaving this way!! As a man, you don't treat the woman you're with, like that. You keep your eyes on your girlfriend and if you can't, then don't have a girlfriend..end of.

She now has moved onto another guy after how you treated her. She went about it all wrong too. She should have been honest with you and broke up before going to another guy.

I think the best you can do now is take this as a lesson and grow from it and next time around you have a girlfriend, treat her better.

So -- its okay for you to make comments about a woman's rear and to add insult to injury to actually TEXT your friend about another one? You got what you deserved. I wouldn't feel secure about my relationship if my boyfriend was talking to his friends about another woman or going as far as to talk about their bodies in front of me. She saw the writing on the wall and decided to start up with someone new -- if you had actually respected her and wanted to be with just her and acted like it - the outcome would be different.

You've got this all wrong. This is not about her being insecure at all, this is about respect. As someone's partner you do not disrespect them and go oogling other girls or commenting on other girls.

It is wrong and you will make any girl feel insecure behaving this way!! As a man, you don't treat the woman you're with, like that. You keep your eyes on your girlfriend and if you can't, then don't have a girlfriend..end of.

She now has moved onto another guy after how you treated her. She went about it all wrong too. She should have been honest with you and broke up before going to another guy.

I think the best you can do now is take this as a lesson and grow from it and next time around you have a girlfriend, treat her better.

I 100% disagree.

You can compliment and regocnize a nice body. The partner will only get insecure if they have self-esteem issues.

Now, I agree that in general you should and try to avoid this sort of thing from happening, but if it was such a problem for her that you complimented someone else without malice (I assume), then she really has some issues she needs to deal with.

Archived