He calls me a ... (but hes kidding?)

Shouldistayors

Thanks pippy but i thought part of point of this site is to get others views etc.. ive been told in past im over sensitive.. hence not wanting to just end it if i feel unaceptable..if im over reacting/over sensitive then i want to try and over come that not just end it.

Ps re other thread no one commented! Lol

Thanks pippy but i thought part of point of this site is to get others views etc.. ive been told in past im over sensitive.. hence not wanting to just end it if i feel unaceptable..if im over reacting/over sensitive then i want to try and over come that not just end it.

Ps re other thread no one commented! Lol

well there are some threads , say for example , someone is getting physically / emotionally abused and everyone encourages that person to take the first step to getting away ... with a question like yours , it really is relative to each individual .... so i wouldn't put myself in a position on here were I encourage a split unless it obviously needs to happen .

He sounds like he jokes around a lot , re your other thread , and he made other family members feel uncomfortable , so maybe he is the type who doesn't have any bounderies ., but it is still your call .

As for whether I'd say you're being a bit sensitive about it, it would depend. My lady and I will call each other names as a joke sometimes. What makes it a joke is that we in fact only do it when we're joking. If he's putting you down in contexts other than playful jabs, then obviously there's more to him calling you that than a joke and I'd say you have ever right to take it more personally.

That said, sensitive to it or not, you don't have to accept it as your form of humor. The licenses we take with each other are very much an aspect of compatibility and he if needs to be looser with his tongue when jesting and you really don't like it, I'd consider that against whatever else you've got going on wrong and think about whether you two might not be better with other people.

Yes, you're being too sensitive. There is absolutely no other answer, unless you have some sort of "trigger" specifically tied to the word greedy that has some sort of PTSD like reaction, yes you are ENTIRELY being too sensitive. Learn to take a joke, banter, learn to laugh at yourself. A huge part of relationships is learning to grow, step out of some comfort zones, and just trying new things. If you're in a relationship with this person you need to trust them. Of course he's not insulting you, there sounds like there is absolutely no malicious intent in banter with your partner.

Archived