I am pregnant and my boyfriend wont marry me

Atlantis

I think him not wanting to get engaged to me means he doesnt love me enough to make a commitment. Which brings down my self esteem and takes away from my woman pride. I am sorry but i do wish to live in an era when men actually did take care of their woman and their kids. This whole new modern world ways are just recipe for a failure.

The thing is darling , the world that you speak of was a failure in many ways ..people stuck in loveless marriages for the rest of their lives , thrown together because of pregnancy or parents demands , living a life of hell behind close doors .... that was what the disaster was ...not this modern world as you call it . Also is was worse in many ways because the womens duties was to be a housekeeper , cook , cleaner , mother and wife and many men came home from their hunter gathering and sat on their arses while the woman * served * him ...Just read into a bit of history to see life wasn't so peachy ...yes there was marriage , but where the hell was love and devotion , thank god this world has moved on from those shackles is what I say .

The modern world sees fathers taking more of an active roll , men , thank god , finally getting custody , having rights in that respect , sharing the responsibility , women having a life outside the house as well . You are trying to blend two worlds together and it wont work .

Just because he is not ready for marriage doesn't mean he doesn't love you and doesn't mean he wont provide for you and the baby .

I feel even more sorry for him now , you sound like you are going to dump him , imagine how he must feel ...dumped because he wouldn't marry you right here and now .

Turkish culture can't accept children out of wedlock? So, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume they are Muslims, in which fornication, and cohabitation are major sins? Do these people you care about their opinion so much know about that? If so, why didn't that factor into your actions? They haven't disowned you yet, so what's the big emergency now? Look, if he doesn't want to get married, then he's not proper marriage material right now. I mean, sure you could probably set up a sham engagement that isn't going to go anywhere, but you're really just kicking the can down the road.

First off... congratulations!!! You are carrying a life which is such a blessing! I completely understand what you are going through. I'm Lebanese and I would be in the same situation with my family. But please don't let this rob your joy. I know it's going to be the hardest thing you've ever done, but be strong! Your parents will be mad but they will learn to accept.

I just went through your posts. I'm honestly surprised that you would think for you two to get married. There has been a lot of issues, and marriage is not the solution. You made the choice to have sex before marriage and this is the outcome. Sometimes blessings come to us not how we expect. So, I wish you all the best. And that you meet your true love one day!

I just went through your posts. I'm honestly surprised that you would think for you two to get married. There has been a lot of issues, and marriage is not the solution. You made the choice to have sex before marriage and this is the outcome. Sometimes blessings come to us not how we expect. So, I wish you all the best. And that you meet your true love one day!

Lol. I am already with him. Thanks though

Archived