I slept with somebody else and I feel horrible

Hason

Hey everybody,

I broke up with my girlfriend about 2-3 weeks ago. We were somewhat happy and the only reason we broke up is because she didn't have enough time to grow in between her last relationship and ours, so she wanted a little bit of time to grow. I know it sounds like bull but I honestly think she was telling the truth. However, even though we broke up we still hang out (and have sex) every now and again which I know is not healthy. Anyway, I slept with somebody else a couple nights back and feel absolutely horrible.

I just need some insight on this. Did I do something wrong because I'm technically still seeing my ex every now and again? If not, why do I feel this bad?

Thanks in advance

Hey everybody,

I broke up with my girlfriend about 2-3 weeks ago. We were somewhat happy and the only reason we broke up is because she didn't have enough time to grow in between her last relationship and ours, so she wanted a little bit of time to grow. I know it sounds like bull but I honestly think she was telling the truth. However, even though we broke up we still hang out (and have sex) every now and again which I know is not healthy. Anyway, I slept with somebody else a couple nights back and feel absolutely horrible.

I just need some insight on this. Did I do something wrong because I'm technically still seeing my ex every now and again? If not, why do I feel this bad?

Thanks in advance

Even if you are broken up, you are still sleeping together and in a sexual relationship. She needs to know that you have slept with someone else so she can choose to get tested for STDs. I think you need to not sleep with your ex again and don't sleep around -- take some time for healing and abstaining form sexual entanglements so you can figure yourself out.

I'm guessing she wanted the break up, she then wanted to continue to have sex with you while she was 'finding herself.' Yes, she's talking complete bull. Its all about her and her needs.

You were technically single and you slept with someone else. No problem.

The best thing to do would be to tell her that you respect her decision to break up, but you cant be just be FWB as that's not what you want. She can call you if she changes her mind. Then walk on, complete NC. Don't settle for less with her, than what you want.

To tell you the truth, well you are broken up, you do not have any compromise, but it is important that you use protection, and if not, like the previous poster indicated you must inform her because of the STDs if you are using condoms, well, you do not have a compromise.. Now it is normal you feel guilty of sleeping with someone else, but do you really want to be "friends with benefits" with your ex, or come back? This can be very confusing and hurting, you must think of yourself first and only

Archived