Is it pathetic to be a 26 year old virgin?

Most adults lose their virginity in there teens. Most people think it's pathetic for someone who is over 20 years of age who hasn't even had sex before in their lives. Why? I just don't get it. Is it a crime for everyone to get laid at such an early age? No. There is no law for every human being to have sex. Not everyone has to have sex if they don't want to. It's their decision if they want it or not. Just enjoy life while you can. Sex isn't really all that important in life.

There is no rush to get laid. There are many reasons why adult virgins has never gotten laid yet.

1. Adult virgins want to lose their virginity to that special someone. They want to save themselves for a woman who truly loves him. If a virgin man has dated many women in the past that used him for money and entertainment, those aren't the type of women that men don't want to have sex with. Men just want to have sex with a woman who they truly love, trust and caring instead of being used. Some adult virgins are not the type of person that will have one night stands with strangers.

2. Adult virgins are afraid of getting diseases.

3. Adult virgins are shy over sex and have no confidence over it.

Those are a few reasons why I think some adult virgins feel they are not ready to get laid yet.

As for the reason why I have never gotten laid with a woman yet is please read the first reason. The 1st reason pretty much fits my case. I'm saving myself for that special someone. I am not afraid of women, I have a lot of confidence in myself. It's just that I haven't found the right woman yet.

My dream woman is to find someone who will respect me and love me as a human being instead of being used. If I ever find a woman that will show me that, she will earn sex from me.

I am very careful of the women I date. I've dated many women in the past but none of them weren't right for me. I don't want to lose my viriginity to some stupid girl who I'm not going to trust. I am not the type of person that will have sex with some strange girl who I barely know, in other words, I'm not a one night stand kind of guy. I've had women asking me to give them sexual favors in the past before but I refuse because I didn't know them too well.

I do want sex, of course, just like every single man out there wants it. I'm just waiting for the right time and the right person.

Your so right. Actually you couldn't be any righter in my mind. Stereotypes about sex is gay! because, why have sex at an early age? why not wait for the special someone? alot of people do, you just don't hear about them. Because they don't tell their business like most slutty people. I mean not to tell mine and my friends busniess, but I asked them, and most of them agree that they wish they had waited for that special someone anyways, they think their virginity was a waist. I am sorry if that doesn't help but hey, its just my opinion. I think you should keep waiting for that "special someone" and know you are in love with them before you do it.

I totally agree with what you are saying. I mean what is the big deal with having sex at a young age, just so you can add more and more frustration to your life. I don't know about you but I don't need it at such a young age. I'm saving myself for the one who I love.

-Daisy-

P.S. I've herd some people think it's sexy when someone is a virgin.

hey you know what? im proud to hear that there are some decent guys out there who arent using girls just to get laid. it is very attractive to girls when they know ur a virgin. i am a virgin too. i am saving myself for that special person that god has made for me to be with for the rest of my life. God is going to bless you for your decision. you are more then likely going to find that person and have a great marriage and live with her forever. i respect you for that.

may god bless you in so many ways. you and your marriage. i am very proud!!!!

i am too....i think that it is a good thing to wait for that one person in life that you are meant for and who is meant for you...

I know some people who, well, "get around" so i could have sex if i really wanted to, but i'd just rather wait. Besides, my g/f and i are very happy and we agree that sex isn't a major point of a relationship. If all sombody is attracted to is someone's body, then what is the point in haveing a relationship if you can't stand the person?

i dont think you are right and ill thell you why.

Ive already expirienced love and sex in my life, so what i want to tell you is that its not important to have a sex with a person you love. I mean if you really love that girl, so you dont really care if you *** her or not. but some girls that you just like or they are hot are very enjoyable to have a sex with.

So go ahead and lose your virginity as faster as you can brothers. we live in 2003 not 17th century when all this first sex with love is important.

• 3 weeks later...

rocky, i know how you feel man, I'm in my early 20's and haven't done it yet either. I think about it all the time, but in the end, I want my first to be with a girl who I have feelings for and is worthwhile.

I find whats sad in this world is the social acceptance of being a virgin. I wouldn't dare tell my friends or anybody else I know. I just pretend I do it like everybody else. Being a virgin in your 20's is not popular as I've found out, it's sad, but true. Anyways, hang in there man, others guy are like you out there.

well, everyone has their own opinion and i have my own. I really disagree with your opinion on free sex...its the 19th century...not the 17th (when ppl have sex with ppl they love??)... common. I just think you are living in another world all together. Yes its true...sex is more free now that it was before, but people still have feelings and hearts, i dont think that's changed over the centuries. I lost my virginity really young, at the age of 15 to my first love. And i don't regret it one bit. But that worked for me, because I was really in love with him, and i still am. Some people are just trying to find the person they love...at least for their first time to be memorable and special. I think we can all agree that sex is really good and feels really good, & its a hundred times better when its with that someone u love.

To RoCky: you've gone to far and held out for too long to go wasting it on the wrong person. Do what u gotta do and wait. It'll pay off at the end.

• 3 weeks later...

Life is way too short so why wait for someone who may never come along?

I fell head over heels in love at the age of 13 and tried for 10 years to get this girl to go out with me. It never happened. In the meantime I didn't feel like going out with anyone else because I knew she was the one for me. I wasted a lot of time where I could have been gaining experience and having fun at the same time. And let's face it, sex is fun and life is short.

I totally regret not having sex a couple of years before I started but various factors mean I couldn't. Now I've been with a girl for 3 years and she's gone off sex. The relationship is crap and I'm going to dump her. I can't wait around forever, I'm not getting younger and while I'm still under 30 I want to have sex, plain and simple. Don't get me wrong, I am still looking for the right person and can't wait for that feeling again but I still don't want to save myself because it's not worth it.

• 7 years later...

Absolutely not. When you are growing older, you realise sex is just a part of a complete package of intimacy. No need to worry. Never try to date women to have sex, try to date women because you want to discover what is love is all about.

It's only a bad thing if you make it out to be, I'm older than 26 and could care less about the fact I haven't done the deed. What am I gonna do cry about? I've got so much other crap to worry about, doing some horizontal mambo dancing is like number 476 on my to do list. Don't sweat it.

well, everyone has their own opinion and i have my own. I really disagree with your opinion on free sex...its the 19th century...not the 17th (when ppl have sex with ppl they love??).. common. I just think you are living in another world all together. Yes its true...sex is more free now that it was before, but people still have feelings and hearts, i dont think that's changed over the centuries. I lost my virginity really young, at the age of 15 to my first love.

Some people it can make things more complicating. I'm not a fan of random meaningless sex because it increases my chance for problems down the road as well as catching something or getting a girl pregant.

I think people need to wait a bit before having sex especially in todays world. Even if they don't get married I mean just wait, a lot of women I know regret their choice to have sex at an early age. Some don't. I just say choose wisely.

I'm not going to say much other than its a difficult choice to wait for someone worth awhile to have sex and marry. I planned on waiting for sex till marriage or long term(A few years into the relationship) its really a hard choice to sit and wait cause you know your gonna be waiting for a long time. It doesn't help when your not successful in dating or with women in general.

Sometimes I wished I was a manwhore instead, I would be able to understand the way girls think a bit better than I currently do. Pleasing them wouldn't be much of an issue either. Other times when I see someone have an unplanned pregancy though or catch a nasty STD I'm glad I didn't have sex.

What would rather tell a woman in your age group? Your still a virgin or You have some type of underlined baggage?

Most male virgins simply have trouble communicating with women. Saving yourself is one thing, but how often do you date? What is your longest relationship? The right woman isn't going to just appear. It takes work.

I was a 29 year old virgin. When I finally decided to stop feeling sorry for myself, started improving myself, and getting out and having the confidence to start dating is when I lost it.

It only is if you think it is.

Some girls will freakout and make it a big deal out of it regardless. There's nothing you can do about that.

No girl is going to take a 25 year old male virgin causally. There's gonna be rised eyebrows followed by a lot of questions from the woman. Why?

Then the ackward conversation begins.....

Hopefully the two are engaged and are about marry then I could see a lot of Joy being brought to her but other than that there better be one hell of an explaination.

Some girls will freakout and make it a big deal out of it regardless. There's nothing you can do about that.

No girl is going to take a 25 year old male virgin causally. There's gonna be rised eyebrows followed by a lot of questions from the woman. Why?

Then the ackward conversation begins.....

Hopefully the two are engaged and are about marry then I could see a lot of Joy being brought to her but other than that there better be one hell of an explaination.

This isn't true at all. If she likes you and is looking for more than a one night stand, it won't matter.