I had been talking with an ex these past few days and things were going great, talked about our mistakes and where things went wrong the first time. I didn't push for anything but told here how I felt and what I would like out of it.

Then, the friendzone speech.

"I don't want you to miss out on other people bc I'm not ready. I don't want you waiting around for me. I'm working on myself and trying to better myself but I have to do that on my own."

then I told her that we talked about these thing last week and we agreed to trying to reconcile our romantic relationship.

Her again, "i cant just go on pretending like I know this is going to blossom into something more bc honestly at this point in my life a relationship is the last thing on my mind. I'm used to being by myself and doing things a certain way but that doesn't mean that I don't want to be friends with you."

But before all of this started she had invited me to go on vacation with her next month and she was supposed to meet my mother this Saturday at dinner. So, I dunno what to do about these 2 preplanned things.

Cancel them or go through with them as friends?

I'm getting mixed feelings. stay friends and see if it turns romantic again or go NC.

Eh, she sounds a bit wishy washy.

You need to pay attention to:

I don't want you to miss out on other people bc I'm not ready. I don't want you waiting around for me.

If that isn't convincing, then listen to:

bc honestly at this point in my life a relationship is the last thing on my mind.

Sorry you're going through this, but I would cancel plans (because it's potentially going to be awkward) and enjoy the time with your friends.

I'd go NC. I don't think she's magically going to run into your arms and profess her love for you, only to ride out into the sunset.

The sooner you forget about her, the sooner you'll be able to heal and move forward.

I used to be one to cut ties and go NC, but a friend told me to be open to friends. See how things go, just enjoy time with each other, no pressure. Maybe shes testing me?

. I didn't push to hard for a relationship this time, just told her what my outlook was. She invited me to the beach next month and normally I wouldn't go but its going to seem awkward at this time. I'm trying not to make any rash decisions today, so I am going to think on it.

Archived