He's stubborn and I'm proud- will we ever talk again?

I don't necessarily want my ex back, but I do still think about him and a little part of me is waiting for him to say 'Hey, how are you?'. I know it's ridiculous to want that to happen, and I've had a couple of moments where I've been tempted to simply reach out myself and ask how he is. The thing is, I know I won't as I promised myself after our final showdown that I would never contact him unless he contacts me. It's purely a pride thing. And he's stubborn so he would be thinking in the same way as I am, hence, I wonder if we will ever talk again if neither party can drop their guard and say hello. And tbh that's probably a good thing, but I still can't help but want to talk to him from time to time. We were together for 5 years and although I've made fantastic progress in moving forward and maintaining NC, I still have tough moments where I miss him terribly. This isn't a particularly serious post as such, just a bit of a vent as I do wonder if anyone else feels this way sometimes? Please give feedback, thanks

This is a normal part of a breakup, and I think you'll find most people go through these thoughts. Just keep pushing forward. One day one of you will break and talk to the other depending on how bad the break up was and the later it is the more over it all you both will be.

I am dealing with the exact same situation. It's been about 4 months since my break up but only about 2 months no contact. I initiated the full NC in order to heal. I still wondering if she will ever contact me or thinks of me. But honestly probably not because she is really stubborn. It's definitely tough, but I just let the thoughts pass. I know NC is the way to go, but it's hard not to miss the person I was so close with for years.

Archived