I don't wanna breath the same air as him..Please help me..

XORO

I liked a guy, and I initiated things with him, and we went out, fast forward and 6 months in I realized that the relationship was going nowhere because he wasn't interested in making me happy on any level. I was miserable, and I decided to call it quits. We broke up in the most diplomatic way possible, there was no fighting, no insults, no shouting, no cursing. Absolutely nothing but love, because I still loved him, and he claimed; despite admitting that he wasn't doing enough for the relationship to work, and having told me, that his family would never accept me, and that he was looking for things I didn't have in a life partner..that he also loved me..

This man was completely okay with spending days ignoring me, just not communicating, never making any long term plans, constantly comparing me to his exes, looking and talking about other women in my presence, and generally treating me like something to do on the side, while simultaneously mind-ing me by making me meet his siblings and friends. Basically feeding me crumbs to keep me as an emotional and physical crutch.

Anyway after I broke up with him, I realized that communicating with him just wasn't healthy and I cut of all communication with him(meaning I didn't block him, I just went silent)..This somehow communicated to him that he must now reach out..but I have no room in me for his mediocrity..now that I'm distant, he has tried several times to ploy me back into his life to no avail..now he says he wants to meet up so that we have a positive goodbye, I'm moving to another town for work..I could care less, I don't want anything to do with him, not for any other reason but that he no longer has the right to demand anymore time from me, or ask me to meet him, but I don't want to be cruel or come of angry..I don't hate him (that would take to much energy) but I also don't care for his existence and I don't want to waste another minute on him, it's emotionally draining having to think of all the time I wasted, and seeing him is a physical representation of this..

How do I politely decline his offer??

Please help me..

Doesnt sound like he is going to be too hurt no matter how you say it. If he compared you to his previous Xs I have no doubt that you are going to be in that group of Xs too. What he says is not about caring for you, its about you still wanting him or you not hating him.

You dont have to accept being in his life like his Xs so just say thanks but no thanks and wish him a good life.

No need to explain your decision, just tell him what it is and wish him well.

Doesnt sound like he is going to be too hurt no matter how you say it. If he compared you to his previous Xs I have no doubt that you are going to be in that group of Xs too. What he says is not about caring for you, its about you still wanting him or you not hating him.

You dont have to accept being in his life like his Xs so just say thanks but no thanks and wish him a good life.

No need to explain your decision, just tell him what it is and wish him well.

I'm afraid of coming of bitter, because he's manipulative he made it sound like I'm weak for not wanting to meet with him, because it's a sign that I'm clearly not over him..the truth is I have nothing to prove, and I shouldn't let my ego make me want to prove anything..

I think I should just say; "we had the best breakup possible, and I think that's a positive end on it's own. I wish you well, but I don't wanna meet."

How does that sound?

I believe in KARMA and I don't wanna treat anyone badly.

What do you think?

I think he's manipulated me into thinking that my refusal to see him is an admission of weakness/hurt, or that I still have feelings for him, that are palpable, he'd be right if only he knew those feelings are of repulsion.

I'm gonna say; "Our break-up was a positive end, there's nothing left to say, I only wish you well.."

How does that sound?

Archived