help, how do i make up for a really bad mistake

I said some wrong things on the phone this weekend to my "trial" girlfriend, and now I think she hates me. How do I tell her I am sorry? I at least want to keep her as my good friend that I had before. I am afraid that a relationship between us may not be the best. We probably are better off just as friends, but the problem with that is when we were just friends we always wanted more.

I will get to see her tonight, she is coming back here to college. I am kind of confused, we go together great as friends. And when we are friends there is always that strong want to go further than friends. But when we try a relationship for a while, that fire in my heart is not as strong as I felt before.

did you tell her that you considered her a trial gf?

I've been in that situation myself - dating friends, and it tned out horribly. if you want to rectify things, apologize. say you just don't feel like the romantic spark is there between you two. but, you care for her very deeply as a friend. It may take a while to rebuild that trust, but I think that if you're cautious of her feelings right now, you two may be able to be friends one day again.

good luck

I would be kinda upset if someone wanted a "trial relationship" with me. Either you're in a relationship or you're not. And I don't even like to put a name on anything when I'm involved with a chick anyways. It should just be enjoying time with the other person, unless you want it to be exclusive.

Stop being so serious about this. This might be what's making things weird. Relax and keep things casual.

Good news, she is back and didn't seem upset. She came by here to say hi, like we are old friends. Nothing has been said about my mistake. I have some flowers I bought for her to tell her I was sorry and want to be forgiven. But yet I think she may have already forgiven me. I have the flowers, and want to give them to her so they don't go to waste. Should I give them anyways to show my apoligy?