Do i have a chance to get him back?

Ery1988

So its been a longweekend. and after my boyfriend broke up with me, and I reacted negatively and made things worse saying horrible things... (out of hurt)... he blocked me on facebooks on Wednesday last week. I still managed to send him some msgs on Thursday but he never responded.

I did not text him for a few days. so went NC Friday, Saturday and sunday...and I made sure I enjoyed my time with my friends. I also found out he had gone away for the weekend with friends, so I knew he was trying to switch off. so I let him have his space to unwind.

Monday morning... I used the lame excuse of 'what shall I do with your stuff?' to text him... he responded..and said I should keep the stuff as I would make better use of them than him. he exchanged a few txts, nothing exciting, he was very very neutral. he did make a joke. I just went all for it and asked him to come over to mine, and he didn't say no... but said it wasn't right. I knew that was a big step for him...so I said I would go over to his house, and he did not said yes or no... so I knew he was ok with that. I then said I was on my way and he said 'ok'...

when I got to his house... he spoke about his weekend...he had a good relaxing time, and asked me about my weekend. he insisted on ordering me a pizza. we watched tv for a long time. and he then lied down next to me. we kissed...and made 'love'...he said when we make love its not normal, because hes never felt like that with anyone...he has always said that so its nothing new hes saying. he said he was very hurt the past couple of days.

we then made love again.... and we fell asleep.

the next morning we have both gone to work.

I am still blocked on facebook and whatsapp...he didn't say text me later like he has in the past, and he didn't indicate we'd see each other again.

I know he wont rush to text me.... and I know last night hasn't changed the fact we have broken up.

Do I just sit back and wait for him to initiate?

Walk away from this one, or you're going to end up really, really hurt.

I know he wont rush to text me.... and I know last night hasn't changed the fact we have broken up.

Your last sentence states very clearly that you'll be waiting for him, and negates your statement that you've accepted the breakup.

Your feelings for him haven't changed, but his feelings for you obviously have. Many people are happy to have sex with an ex, and may say tell them they miss them, all that... but that doesn't mean at all that they want to rekindle the relationship. Unless you want to be used for sex, because you're throwing yourself at him, keep your dignity and get on with your life. Otherwise you're making a choice to be eating your heart out.

P.S. There are much nicer ways of dealing with a breakup than dumping a whole pile of abuse on the other person. It's likely to ensure they won't want to rekindle the relationship.

No, giving him sex will not bring him back to you. It will however make his transition much easier and it will help him move on from you faster. As for you, it will only keep you hooked and you will end up feeling used and discarded. Demotion is never fun.

when I got to his house... he spoke about his weekend...he had a good relaxing time, and asked me about my weekend. he insisted on ordering me a pizza. we watched tv for a long time. and he then lied down next to me. we kissed...and made 'love'...he said when we make love its not normal, because hes never felt like that with anyone...he has always said that so its nothing new hes saying. he said he was very hurt the past couple of days.

we then made love again.... and we fell asleep.

I am still blocked on facebook and whatsapp...he didn't say text me later like he has in the past, and he didn't indicate we'd see each other again.

Maybe I am naïve and an utter romantic but I think he does still have strong feelings for you. I don't think men who 'just want sex' would make such a statement (what's in bold) nor do I think he would want to 'make love" again. But still, that does not mean he thinks you are right for each other, honestly I don't think he does. If he did, he would be moving towards you not away from you. So no I don't think you should just sit back and wait, I think you should treasure your memories together and move on.

Archived