Iv screwed up

Ery1988

So me and my boyfriend have been having a really good time lately and everything has been much better. However, this past week his dad was hospitalized and he became distant with me, and I havnt been able to help myself and be needy because he hasn't wanted to see me or call me during the time... he's said he has been stressed dealing with his parents.

I have got upset, and shown a bad side to me. Iv said things to him I did not mean. And over 6 days I have just made matters worse. He's now got very angry with me for how I have behaved and says he is better off alone and that we are not good for each other. I know he's angry and he will come round. I shouldn't have acted selfishly like I did but it was out of love, I wanted to help and be there for him and he has wanted to be alone.

How can I make things better with him. I know sorry is not enough. I just love him a lot.

You need to acknowledge your behaviour to him and let him know that you know you were wrong and that you're very sorry and won't do it again.

Then you need to follow it up by telling him you will give him space and you are there for him, but that he can get back in touch with you when he is ready to.

It's the truth. His dad went into hospital for a minor surgery and it went worse than anticipated. And I have displayed neediness, I have argued to him, brought out the dirty laundry..... and given him more stress.

Ok, so do you think it answered any of my questions or disproved anything I said to you ?

To be fair Holly, and I know this is my opinion, from what I have read, they both need to learn about how to support each other.

In this situation, she should have not been so needy. It is not his responsibility to coddle her when he is focusing on a parent's health issue. She sounds very insecure.

I know him.... nothing can fix it right now. He needs space and to needs to miss me. But I struggle with that.

I am sure he will miss you but he needs more than that. He needs to trust you, trust that you are capable of supporting him during stressful times likes this. Trust that you are capable of putting your anxieties and neediness aside and act unselfishly and empathetically.

Are you capable of these things? So far he has no evidence of that. Why did it take him not speaking to you for you to realize how selfish you were?

In this situation, she should have not been so needy. It is not his responsibility to coddle her when he is focusing on a parent's health issue. She sounds very insecure.

I agree she shouldn't be coddled, I wasn't thinking she should be, I was thinking she should be valued as a human being and treated fairly.

Thanks.... we are meant to be a couple and if he loves me he should be there for me too and worry about me too.... and he should come to me with his stress so I can help him

You're welcome, it's so beautiful when two people who love each other somehow come together in difficult circumstances.

Archived