Is this the conversation I should be having with my engaged female friend??

sd95

I been friends with this woman for 17 years and she is getting married in May. So recently this new guy started at her job and giving her all this attention by asking a lot of personal questions. She kind of gives off the vibe that she is excited by this attention and as a male I really don't want to hear this mess since she is engaged. She should be telling this to another woman not me.

How don't know how to go about telling her I have no interest in this conversation without coming off as rude.

She sent me a two page text about what this guy is doing each day at the job.

I would ask why she is entertaining this? I would ask if her bf is comfortable with their relationship.

Of course she is not going to tell him about it. I will have to jokingly let her know I don't want to hear about him anymore

especially since I have to put out money for this wedding

Of course she is not going to tell him about it. I will have to jokingly let her know I don't want to hear about him anymore

especially since I have to put out money for this wedding

"This sounds like girl talk. WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME, WOMAN?!"

And then make your point in a more serious fashion?

"No, really, this isn't in my pay grade. Let's tall about the new (I don't know. Car. Footballer. Anything else)"..

You could perhaps remind her of your awareness of her wedding and disinterest in supporting her ill becoming to a bride babble by referencing the wedding gift?

"Do I need to get you a book on getting rid of interlopers for your wedding, 'X?' Because I really can't contribute here."

How do you normally respond when she's telling you about this guy?

I entertained it a little bit but I didn't know she was going to keep talking about him. So the next time she calls I'm putting a end to it.

This is the main reason why I think marriage is pointless

Because it will result in her feeling stupid and she will end the conversation. Have you ever been excited to tell someone something and the person says......"i have no interest"

lol

Well I don't really mince words, so she'd be getting the "Tell someone who cares" line to her. Tell her "you don't wanna hear it, your getting married". And don't say it jokingly.

Well I don't really mince words, so she'd be getting the "Tell someone who cares" line to her. Tell her "you don't wanna hear it, your getting married". And don't say it jokingly.

And if she gets mad then I won't have to go. But she is so sensitive and I know I will hurt her feelings if I say it

Starting to see why she has problems with the womenfolk friends.

Here is what is funny

I sent her a text today around 2pm and she completely ignored it and sent me 5 texts in a row about that guy at her job.

So of course I deleted it since she made my text invisible. So just waiting for her to call tonight or sometime this week so I can end this chat about some dude

And see what happens when there is an attraction? She claims he won't leave her alone but she hasn't told anyone at work because she is enjoying the attention

Archived